Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Section!!

Options
  • 08-05-2004 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,

When i first came here i thought this forum was great and i still do. However, the first place i wanted to post when i arrived was the Soccer Section but i wasnt allow for a reason i'm not sure. I know its nothing against me personaly i think its because members were getting banned and then re-joining under different names and posting crap. Now i understand why you would want to stop that from happening but i dont agree with banning new members just becuase they might be a muppet. I'm a big football fan and i like talking about football but i have yet to post my oppion in the soccer section cause my access has been denied.

Now i have over 40 posts and i asked for access yesterday only for it to be denied again and i was told to try again in a month or two. I find that unfair. I know 40 posts is not alot but if you looked over those post you would find that i havent insulted anyone or cause problems for any members. There is nothing i can do about other members cause they might be muppets but i'm not and i just looking to talk about football belive it or not.

Is there any chance i could get in please?? I know i'm most likely to be denied again but no harm in trying.

Also, if possible could someone tell me whos idea it was to ban new members?? Just wondering and why cause i'm still not 100% sure of the reason.

Thanks,

Dewey.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

seeing as how Exit has already vouched for you, I'll be the second to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Although you seem fine to me whos to say you aren't some muppet whos re-registered and is just acting the good boy until they get in.

Anyways, its not just new members that are banned, its everyone, until their entry is approved. Give it a while and I'm sure you'll be let in.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Originally posted by Truckle
    Although you seem fine to me whos to say you aren't some muppet whos re-registered and is just acting the good boy until they get in.

I suppose there might be newbies who are being a good boy just so they can get back in and be muppets again but I can honestly say i have never been on this forum before i joined. you dont have to belive me but its the truth.

"seeing as how Exit has already vouched for you, I'll be the second to do so."

Thanks a million Kaimera, i really appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I can't post there either WHY!!!, I was able to post there before and if I got banned I got no pm message when I post it just says I'm not authorised:confused::confused:

Any mods outhere that might investigate my situation and even if by some mistake you did ban me I'm well over 3 weeks since.

Your Royal Mods

TippTop:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Did you go through the access request process?

• Advertisement

The wha!!

I'll go look for it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

tipptop, I think your looking for this.

Originally posted by Axel
    tipptop, I think your looking for this.

Thank You Axel

Now WHY could'ent the Mod give me the link:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by TIPPTOP
    Thank You Axel

Now WHY could'ent the Mod give me the link:confused:
    Maybe the mod didn't see the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Maybe the mod didn't see the thread.

Or may6be they've better thing s to do than hold everybodys hand. Did you not see the access sub forum and all the stickys when trying to access soccer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Access has been granted although i don't hold out much hope for you when you can't be bothered to read the soccer forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

I was gonna try do all that (cos I had posted on the Soccer forum before and enjoyed it) but then I thought .. F.uck that , I'm not jumping through hooops for f.uckin anyone .... shove it.

Originally posted by wiped
    I was gonna try do all that (cos I had posted on the Soccer forum before and enjoyed it) but then I thought .. F.uck that , I'm not jumping through hooops for f.uckin anyone .... shove it.
    You are just after typing out a post giving out about how to get access when you could have posted a 2 word post in the Soccer forum asking for access.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Oh well, no great loss.

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Oh well, no great loss.

The soccer forum to me ... yeah , you're right .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The soccer forum to me ... yeah , you're right .

Well actually, I meant that you'd be no great loss to the soccer forum. But then you obviously already knew that, and are just being argumentative for the sake of it. Which kind of illustrates my point, really.

Not at all ... I thought you were another disgruntled "what happened to my access to the soccer forum" type who was agreeing with me .....

I stand alone *sniff*

Jesus whats the big deal, 22 men kicking an inflated leather cowskin up and down a field. And all these rules and protocol just to air my views

I've got access now but the bloody seasons over and Liverpool have got 4 spot:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I've got access now but the bloody seasons over and Liverpool have got 4 spot:mad:

Euro 2004 is around the corner :)

You've nobody to blame but yourself. You could've got access weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    You've nobody to blame but yourself. You could've got access weeks ago.

I know, I know, I could'ent get much sleep last night thinking about, but Guess what Euro 04 is just around the corner

June 13 France V England.
    June 17 England v Switerland.
    June 21 Croatia v England.

June 22 England team arrive home!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Well, aren't you a picture.

Advertisement