Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furnished accommodation

Options
  • 08-05-2004 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I need your opinions on this..

I am moving into a new house this week that was advertised as being fully furnished. I am renting as you have guessed!

There is no TV unit in the living room, and no drawer units in three of the four bedrooms. I was going to buy a drawer unit for my room but someone suggested that the letting agency should supply this. There is two bedside lockers there already.

Whats your opinion? Should we buy them ourselves (draw unit for my room and tv unit for living room) or should the agency be providing them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are no fixed rules to describe "furnished"*, so it's matter of what you saw in place when you looked at the property.

* A certain minimum of furniture would be required to call it furnished on advertising standards grounds.

Bedroom: Requisite number of beds. Some form of wardrobe or other storage.
    Living Room: minimum 3 lounge chairs, table.
    Kitchen: Table, minimum 3-4 chairs, food storage, fridge, cooker

In newly-built properties there are minimum requirements for storage (for bicycles, spare furniture, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sweet, thanks!

Advertisement