Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

man utd V chelsea will contain scores

• 08-05-2004 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

man utd V chelsea currently 0 - 0 and im working :mad: going for a man u win

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Good game it should be 2 - 0 to chelsea

Chelsea with a goal disalowed:(

WOW :eek:

What a goal! He's still crap though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

jammy chelsea muppet:) come on united

Pathetic.

Oh it's not a Peno:o I thought it was:D

Its a Brilliant Game!

Poor Ruud:) The drought continues......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

1-1 ruud scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Good performance by Chelsea, deserved of 2nd place for the season. Scholes should have gone, hes a lucky boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

at least ruud scored again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Good game better first half, passing slick at times by Chels and Utd. Scholes should have gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That's another important penalty taht Ruud has missed this season.

Good game, and fair play to Chelsea that's a guaranteed CL spot for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Excellent save by Cudicini, he phyched him out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think his penalty skills shows his form this season.

Last season did he even miss one?

Then again, for someone who's not playing great hes still one of the top scorers in the premiership, so I guess he's got some game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Fair play to chelsea, man u had a decent enough first half but second half were pants. Saha sparked some life when he came on for Scholes who was indeed a lucky boy to still be on the pitch (tho he did go down easily i still think there was contact so im not sure if it deserved a yellow. Fair playto ref tho)

Ruuds performance all season has been down a bit. Im hoping he stays and gets back to his best (same for man u :p ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Scholes should definitely have gone and that would have changed the whole game. Everyone I've talked to about it said "Oh, but Chelsea got a draw and came second", but watching the match I was so frustrated because they deserved to win. The ref let Phil Neville away with far too many poor tackles, I counted 4 before the actual yellow card.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

It's so obvious that United miss Keane. Can't wait to see him lift THE cup!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Yes but I can just feel Scholes scoring the winning goal when he clearly shouldnt have even played .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Yes but I can just feel Scholes scoring the winning goal when he clearly shouldnt have even played .

Yeah, that will probably happen :/

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I think this match pretty summed up Utd's season.

Chelsea's goal arguably shouldn't have been because it wasn't a corner in the build up. Then when Gronkjaer did get the ball no one pressed him, like a lack of care or whatever.

Van Nistelrooy's miss brought back all the memories of his miss v Arsenal. Who knows what might have happened if he had scored that?

Then got a lucky goal to be fair to save a bit of face.

Not taking anything away from either side but that was a match that summed up Utd's season for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why was'nt Scholes red carded when Kenny Cunningham was for a "Lesser" offence? ie he did'nt try to con the ref.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

But it would have been a free in anyway as Howard caught the ball and deliberately dropped it but it doesn't make a difference anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Scholes got off lucky because

a) He instantly apoligised for the tackle and made a puppy dog face :)
    b) Lampard instantly got back up
    c) Ref knew he was a tiny bit harsh on the first yellow and didn't want to send someone off for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

2nd deserved a yellow while first i dont think did. There was some contact tho Scholes did go down easily. However very few players have been booked this season for 'diving' and even less for going down under a light challenge. To then send him off almost right after woulda been harsh after the first incident tho technically he deserved to go (ref used his cop on which was nice).

I want players to get consistantly booked for diving not one yes and 4 others no.

As for Chelsea deserving it i personally thought it was a fairly even game. Ref and assitants made 2 mistakes. 1 was the corner which wasnt which led to the goal and the 2nd was not sending off Scholes. Imo they balanced themselves out as the 2nd would probably not have happened if the 1st did not.

Draw was a fair result imo tho as a Man u fan i feel a draw just wasnt good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

As a Man United fan i would like to say Congrats to Chelsea for getting second spot.
    Scholes was lucky to stay on the pitch and fergie was right to take him off. Dont know what has happened to Ruud? Not just missing the penos but his all around game is very poor. nothing like last season. I cant wait for this season to end but i'm looking forward to Cup Final on May 22th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

@ Dewey, you never told me you were a man utd fan. Mods I revoke my recomendation for him getting access :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Dewey
    . Dont know what has happened to Ruud?

I do - Beckham.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by mike65
    I do - Beckham.
    Beckham got 9 assists last season, I'm sure if you added the assists of Ronaldo, Kleberson, Fletcher, or whoever Fergie would play on the right you would get more than 9. So the departure of Beckham is no excuse.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

United were lucky to get the draw on Saturday... Very, very lucky. :dunno:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Beckham got 9 assists last season, I'm sure if you added the assists of Ronaldo, Kleberson, Fletcher, or whoever Fergie would play on the right you would get more than 9. So the departure of Beckham is no excuse.
    Perhaps, but United's midfield has been somewhat lacking in creativity and quality passing this season.

Advertisement