Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cigerette Hole in the Tux

• 08-05-2004 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I last night got a little hole in my tux from a cigerette burn,
    ****ing ****ign ****ers that are smokers,

but I was wondering is it possible to get this sorta thing fixed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

is it a rented one?
    they prob wont notice if its not that big

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

you should have swapped it with someone elses.... although that might have been a bad idea if its the trousers.....

if its rented, hand it in naked, they wont even notice if theirs no arm left on the thing.

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

I hope you found who it was and pissed on them. You didn't go shopping in the same place as Ste and Jamesy did you? :( If so, find a taylor or something. Laura knows a place where they take up her trousers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

I returned mine caked in vomit. No extra charge.

Aah to be young again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

best is to play it saf in renting suites.

Some small places, Don't take a deposit just the money to rent the tux. So you pay them in cash and give them wrong/different details. This way id its soiled of wrecked when you go back you can just say, "oh! i'll go get my wallet from my car" and head to the bus stop and go home.

Even better if the tux is a nice one and you like it you can just hang on to it or even better just sell it to somebody next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you a fetish about stealing clothes superman? if it's not a tux, it's a statoil uniform...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

RobertFoster you know my style! The statoil thing was just to spite them, and I noticed this loop hole when I was gettin my tux. how much you think a second hand tux would fetch on the open market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

I know a guy that has no less than 3 tuxs from Black Tie that he never brought back and nothing happened to him. They tend to be very forgetful at busy times of year (i.e Trinity Ball etc.)

Wouldn't worry about a cig burn too much. They rarely check the suits out upon return. I know i've given them back in the past in pretty rotten states without incident!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

He owns it. PHB's not that concientious :D

Advertisement