Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Configuration Utility

Options
  • 08-05-2004 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Can someone please point me to the registry entry where I can delete obselete programs from the startup file within this utility in Windows XP.

It is very cluttered, and although I have the Powertoys Startup Program installed in my Control Panel, this will only prevent applications from running, not actually remove old ones from the registry.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I use a control panel applet called startup.cpl

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Yes I use that one too, but although it allows you to delete process, they still remain in the registry and are cluttering up the Windows utility, I want to remove all obselete processes completely from the registry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Tune Up Utilities 04, is what you need, download the trial version from their site.

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by mickeyboymel
    Can someone please point me to the registry entry where I can delete obselete programs from the startup file within this utility in Windows XP.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Thanks, just the job:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement