Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam Question

Options
  • 08-05-2004 5:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whenever I try to connect to a multiplayer game it says data differs from server. it seems to happen all the time..... any ideas....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Dont take this the wrong way....are you running legit or dodgy software?

The Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

As hairy said ,have you got a legit version, although when running warez it gives an error about cd key not valid.
    Other error is punkbuster related.

Was there a map running on it you didnt have? < most likley this.

kdjac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

It's a legit Battlefield Vietnam it just says information differs from server, is it something to do with Punkbuster not updating itself??

standard maps running... very mysterious going to re-install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What server does it happen on?

kdjac

• Advertisement

lots of them, I ain't some n00b either. I have no similar problems with BF1942

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭cheeky_monkey

Originally posted by Borderfox
    lots of them, I ain't some n00b either. I have no similar problems with BF1942
    The problem would be your no-cd patch. Delete it, re-install the game and leave a cd in the drive when playing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

...or get the newer no-cd patch that solves the problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ahhh....so that's the problem.

I only used the crack becos I play at home against the bro and tis easier to use a crack on both machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

a bit of topic, but r u the same borderfox that runs the LAN parties at Nethouse, olivier plunkett street sometimes?

• Advertisement

Nah not the same. I am the original. been using Borderfox since Half-Life came out in 97 I think...... I ain't using a no-cd exe.... anyway thanks for all the suggestions.... much appreciated

Advertisement