Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea want Trezeguet but

• 08-05-2004 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Juve want Lamps in exchange and Chelsea said no thanks, that was on Sky earlier. They told them to pick another player Bogarde seems fair to me.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

2 things I'm wondering:

1. Who is doing the dealing if Ranners is nearly certain to be gone next season?
    2. How far will they go to get him? Would Chelsea go as far as to exchange someone like Duffer or Terry?

I'd say Mutu is odds on to go though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Juve will want somebody good :)

Mutu isn't what he used to be, maybe Juve might think he can get back to his old self with Juve, but I doubt it.

Duff wouldn't want to go to Italy probably, and if he was for sale i'd say he'd go somewhere in england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by eirebhoy

1. Who is doing the dealing if Ranners is nearly certain to be gone next season?

Did he ever do any of the dealing?

if Lampard doesnt get his contract he may go somewhere ,cant believe they wont pay him what makele and Veron are on, shocking that hes their best player.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Cole, Johnson, Geremi, Duff and Bridge were all CR signings I reckon. Top of The DCM was Parker but then RA came and Emerson and Davids were touted but CFC got Makelele. I don't think he wanted Crespo or Mutu I honestly think he wanted to keep Forssell.

He didn't want Veron either as I said in a previous thread Birch tried to hold up the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I don't believe that he "didn't want" them as you suggest, I think most managers would like as Cluadio said two "champions" for every position. I think alot of the players that were brought, would have been brought in with a view to sven joining...likes of Crespo, Johnsen, Veron, Bridge, Cole.....I think Duff were signed to be in direct competition with United, even though a United bid never came in. I think Makalele was signed as a first choice kinda to replace an ageing Petit. I think Mutu & Smertin were signed for RA, Id say he likes smertin and had been told of Mutu....I reckon the only real signings Ranieri would have made this season would have been Parker, Hogh & Geremi. Geremi was in Ranieris team of the season last season, Hogh was boguht in before RA and Parker was pretty much a done deal, or so i heard...pre RA....

I reckon Robben is been brought in by kenyon, Cech i dunno much about, cant say theres too much wrong with Ambrosio or Cudicini, Alex young centre half they have?? dunno much about....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ah but the deal for Cech was done when Ambrosio hadnt had his chnace to shine and at that point looked a very poor goalkeeper .

eh Jes Hogh is retired.;)

Sorry meant Huth, rightly so Hogh has retired...Just thought of Neil Sullivan aswell, I reckon himself or Nigel Martyn were always on the cards to come in as a back up alongside ambrosio......So smuckers, you seem to the only chelsea fan on the boards, (only one I see anyhow), who do you see leaving chelsea this season? apart from the obvious Mr Ranieri.....

Bogarde? Zenden? Desailly? Oliveria? Veron? Stanic? Melchiot? plenty to choose from....

There are a couple more on here. Huth has been around for over 2 years now. Bogarde will go, Zenden will go,so will Dessa (great servant) Oliveria could be loaned out, Stanic will go, Veron will prob go, Melchiot is out of contract so he'd go, ditto Petit, Babayaro may go Jimmy will deffo be off. Ambrosio and Sullivan I think will be be part of the cull too but I think Macho will stay. I'm not too sure about Mutu or Makelele.

• Advertisement

My mistake, thought Huth was brought in this season......I see VanGall is linked with a director of football type job...wonder would he be bringing a invasion of dutch players over? I heard there was talk of a link up between Ajax and Chelski....wonder is this just press speculation again...

I'd say its just press spec. With all the speculation about players coming in, its Samuel from Roma who is the main priority at the moment, The Times expects him to come in 2 weeks.

Originally posted by smuckers
    He didn't want Veron either as I said in a previous thread Birch tried to hold up the deal.
    Didn't Ranieri say that Veron was the best midfielder in the world or he'd make him into the best midfielder in the world? Something along those lines anyway. He also played him against Monaco when Veron said he wasn't fully fit, thats putting a lot of fate in a player he didn't sign.

TBH I would find it hard to believe if Ranieri didn't actually want to sign Mutu, Crespo, Veron, etc. Most managers wouldn't have stayed at a team like that and if they did stay I don't think they'd even play the players who weren't on their wish list.

Yes he did see that but it seems like something he was told to say, I remember vividly that he was v uncomfortable at that press conference for Veron.
    I actually remember him saying in an interview that Mutu ws the type of player he was looking for but Vieri was first choice ahead of Crespo.

I reckon chelsea might be run more like the big spanish clubs next season?? Abramovich wants to see attacking football, Id say give chelsea another season or two they might just have the best players in the world, the "galacticos" or at least players of the same level. Only difference being chelsea will have the money to buy top quality defenders too...certainly will be an interesting summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by PHB
    Mutu isn't what he used to be, maybe Juve might think he can get back to his old self with Juve, but I doubt it.

he was never anything anyway, way over-rated and cant stand out amongst other superstars. a juan veron if you ask me.

Thats way over the top, all the Chelsea fans know what Mutu is capable of but he hit a barren spell and never recovered.

Originally posted by smemon
    he was never anything anyway
    Top scorer in Serie A is an easy task, aye?

Advertisement