Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of the Dead Alert!!!

Options
  • 08-05-2004 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Well I thought Channel 4 had the rights, someone else reckoned it would never be shown on terrestrial TV in Britain or Ireland, well its on BBC2 Tuesday May 18th at
    23.50 hrs.
    FILM: Day of The Dead
    Channel: BBC 2 Northern Ireland (Digital) 106
    Date: Tuesday 18th May 2004
    Time: 23:50 to 01:30 (starting in 10 days)
    Duration: 1 hour and 40 minutes.
    Zombies threaten the future of humankind in the conclusion of George A Romero's gruesome Living Dead trilogy. Trapped in a missile silo, a small team of scientists, civilians and trigger-happy soldiers battle desperately to ensure the survival of the human race, but tension inside the base is reaching breaking-point, and the zombies are gathering outside. Definitely not for the squeamish.
    Director: George A Romero
    Starring: Lori Cardille, Terry Alexander, Joe Pilato, Richard Liberty, Howard Sherman, Jarlah Conroy
    (1985, 18, 4 Star)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

It's the only of the trilogy I've not seen, I'll be sure to watch it. Cheers for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Ah, good news. BBC don't show ads either, couldn't be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I actually almost prefer Day to Dawn....dont shoot me hear me out ! I just really like the gore in Day.Tis really really well done, keep an eey out for it....oh and that scene with the callender on the wall !!! ****ing brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I just saw it recently on DVD so I prob won't watch again on BBC2 so soon.
    I thought the early part of the movie was more interesting than the middle, and then the end picks up again.

The well-cool intro with the helicopter and city rescue is fun, as is the scene with the calendar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah cheers you legend....

....but does anyone know anything about this Twilight of the Dead lark?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Originally posted by Tusky
    I actually almost prefer Day to Dawn....dont shoot me hear me out ! I just really like the gore in Day.Tis really really well done, keep an eey out for it....oh and that scene with the callender on the wall !!! ****ing brilliant.

I agree with ya - I much prefer Day over Dawn. That first scene is simply beautiful! Also got the Trilogy Of The Dead there...*drool...*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by senordingdong
    Yeah cheers you legend....

....but does anyone know anything about this Twilight of the Dead lark?

Sounds better than Afternoon of the Dead!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Day of the Dead has without a doubt the best openins scene ever. And that first zombie you see, the one with his bottom jaw missing and all the slime running down his neck, best looking zombie ever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

i think he was called Dr.Tongue, on account of him having no lower jaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Haha class! Wonder how the hell they did 'it'...

• Advertisement
Advertisement