Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Ink Books

Options
  • 08-05-2004 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Red Ink Radical Books and Zines has opened up in Temple Bar. It's underneath Sé Sí clothes shop (Café Irie is in the same building). It's the only dedicated zine shop in the country and is selling zines and books from all around the world.

There's non-fiction and fiction, graphics, politics, recipes, personal zines and all sorts of different stuff for cheap.

It's open Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 6pm. Should be a web-site on the way soon too!

I'm setting up a zine as well. It's going to be called Fire and it's about anything at all. So if you'd like to write about anything at all and would like to submit it, then send me a mail at knackergannon@eircom.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Is this place still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Red Ink Books/Murder City Records, sadly, closed down a couple of years ago. It was pretty much my favourite place in the world. Real loss to the community. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Woops, totally almost forgot to say that Willie and Natalia (who ran Red Ink) still distro books and zines from their label (I guess it's a label? I can't think of a better word right now) "The Stitchy Press". Don't have the url on hand but if you search myspace for Stitchy Press Zine, you should get it. Good dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

This place was great, used to pick up fantastic counter culture and oddball books and music there.

Advertisement