Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Chopper

• 08-05-2004 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭

Anyone here been watching it? I think some of the bikes these guys make are amazing, Paulie is by far one of the best custom chopper maker in the world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

It is by far my dfavourite program, i watched everyone. The bikes are absolutely amazing, especially the black widow bike.....beautiful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah its deadly but paulie snr & jnr are always fighting they need therapy:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I think the fighting adds to the program, without the fighting, It'd be a half an hour long show, instead of an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Anyone seen the Orange County Choppers webby? It has pics of all the bikes they worked on from the new and previous series :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

The show is fúcking great, it's gained a cult following among us students. Have a look at the outtakes here, they're hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Tis a class show i never miss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bluedog

That show is amazing. I remember seeing the 1 episode pilot when they made the jet bike, and now the series.excellent. Race Car bike was beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Great show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

It's a real cult show. I was amazed to see how popular their merchandise is in the US.

The other son Mikey is a real waster stoner :D

paul senior needs to lay off paul junior a bit, he does all the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Classic show, one of my favourite in past times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I gotta tell ya..... (how many times did paulie jnr say that?)

This is one of the best shows on tv

The 360 views of all the bikes on the website are amazing!

Did anyone else catch american chopper day a couple weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Since American Chopper day on Discovery, Monster Garage has replaced it. No AC on Discovery any more. :/

Bring a tear to a glass eye it would

*sniff*:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Thats because the series ended. Series 2 in August I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Eye

Tiz a great show indeed.

i've never seen the jet bike pilot episode, they never showed it this time round or if they did i missed it again! :(

the show was on discovery channel last summer and i missed 2 episodes, first episode i saw was when they finished the black widow bike, after that i was hooked :)

must order some of the model bikes from their site sometime coz they are sweet.

alhtough i have to say i'm a little dissapointed that it was'nt a new series, i had my hopes all built up for a new blast of bikes but alas it turned out to be session 1 again :-\ hope they hurry up and get season two coz i like the look of the discovery channel and the statue of liberty bikes on the site they look cool.

if i ever win the lotto i will fly over to OCC and get paulie to do me up an irish theme bike :) mind you first i'd have to start doing the lotto :-\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

the bikes are fantastic...took a quick look at their website... their basic bikes go for like 70 grand...so those custom jobs must be worth a fortune...its a class show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

About three weeks ago on disovery channel they had it back to back for the whole day- what a program:D

I wonder if they are going to show it on RTE or E4 -Sky one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah one monday they had it on the whole day.. Mind you, they seemed to have ended it at Mikeys bike while in the states they have built another 5 or 6 bikes including the tools bike and Liberty bike.

Is it on anywhere at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Its got to be one of the best documentarys on the T.V.

Does any one know what the schedule is as I seem to be missing it lately
    There websites a bit naff, but their quality of work is pure class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Like a lot of people I love the programme too , The bikes they design are great .

Originally posted by TIPPTOP

Does any one know what the schedule is as I seem to be missing it lately

Yey tipptop we're all missing it this days... its gone...

New series next autumn though apparently (dont quote me on that)

According to Digiguide, Discovery is repeating Series 1 again throughout July. I have got tired of waiting for them to show Series 2 so I have acquired it through alternative means :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by ElNino
    I have got tired of waiting for them to show Series 2 so I have acquired it through alternative means :D

And this was done how exactly???:p

Originally posted by kmart6
    And this was done how exactly???:p

I will probably get in trouble if I say too much so I will say just one word Bittorrent.

hehe, the original thread.

Does anyone know when/if theres new series is coming out?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There's new eps being shown sporadically in the States at present. From what I gather, they'll be over here in the Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tis weird how good it is ! Never thought i would watch a program like this but its addictive !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it is a good show but i kept seeing the same episodes the whole time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Yeah, its fantastic, but if I see the fireman bike episode one more time... :mad:
    Hehe, I love it though, end up watching it at 2am every night :) Got the gf 'almost' hooked on it too, hahaha! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I think it's addictive because it's a cross between a soap and Big Brother!
    Great show.

yeah, theres only ten episodes showing on discovery.

from the black widow bike up to the mikee bike

im looking forward to the new series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

me nad bro sat and watched them for the whole day that sunday....

whats that the pauly says at the beginning of ever commentary...

ya see when the kid built the bike and he gave it to him, those guys must be loaded and the sow itslef must be making them millionaires....

the show was made precisly because of those arguements....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

Great show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Anyone find Paulie Sr really annoying, all he does is shout at Paulie Jr and order parts thats it. Even his stoner son Mikey could order the parts and another thing how come Vinnie never gets any recognition at the bike shows, hes always there til like 2am with Paulie Jr. I gotta tell ya that doesn't seem very fair, still a great show though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man i loved american chopper will they do another serious or are they finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

i think there's a new series in production.

i cant wait for the new serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

great show, but their repeated WAY too often.

• Advertisement

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Yeah, its fantastic, but if I see the fireman bike episode one more time... :mad:
    Hehe, I love it though, end up watching it at 2am every night :) Got the gf 'almost' hooked on it too, hahaha! :D
    hahaha the fireman bike was on last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

As much as I love the show - I have one beef. It TOTALLY over-rates OCC's work. As someone who is VERY familiar with the custom bike scene & American builders - OCC's theme bikes while attractive are not really THAT innovative or stylish. Guys like Arlen & Cory Ness have been building far more interesting bikes & putting them on show for years & they still are the guys Paul Teutal Jr & guys like Jesse James wish they were..... even guys like Donnie Smith or Dave Perewitz, or Billy Lane - these guys are pure awesome....I ain't knocking OCC, or West Coast Choppers - but the props they are given from Discovery's exposure is way over-rated.

Anyone REALLY interested in custom motorcycles or finding out more - tow magazines I would highly recommend are:

- American Iron Magazine (In Easons)
    - BSH [Back Street Heroes] (also in Easons)

But if you wanna go looking around, I suggest looking at some of the following builders:

- Arlen & Cory Ness
    - Von Dutch Custom Cycles
    - Exile Custom Cycles
    - Mid West Choppers
    - Big Bear Choppers

Usually there's a ton in A.I.M. [see above magazine]..........one thing though is I don't think big Paul is THAT much of an angry Dad - should try meeting or working for my old man.... i truly pity the fool who does.....aka my younger brother hehehehehehehe

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

"when you were 14 years old you were fillin out applications for macdonalds and not even gettin hired, so i dont know what your talkin about!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The new series of American Chopper starts tonight on Discovery Channel at 8pm. :D

brilliant show

does any one know will tonights episode will it repeated on weekend

i cant watch tonight

snoopdog wrote:
    brilliant show

does any one know will tonights episode will it repeated on weekend

i cant watch tonight

It's being repeated on Thursday at 11am and 6pm.

thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Top class show. The whole inhouse fighting element is what makes the show :D

70k for a bike tho! Bloody hell.

Advertisement