Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill O'Herlihy

• 08-05-2004 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭

Did anyone else hear Bill O'Herlihy prounounce Youri Djorkaeff as Youri Jerkoff on the Premiership :D

LOL The guy hasn’t a clue, why is he even doing the job

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ya i did , he stuggled to think of his name and then said Jerk off , quite a funny moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

ROFL :D , pity I missed that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

fookin hilarious!!!

me dad, mesefl and the girlfriend burst out laughin :O:) when we heard it!! and di you hear how he pronounced Defoe aswell??

amateur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the man is a tool

dunphy was a better host FFS

Originally posted by VinnyL
    fookin hilarious!!!

me dad, mesefl and the girlfriend burst out laughin :O:) when we heard it!! and di you hear how he pronounced Defoe aswell??

amateur

Ya I had to think back to who scored the goal in the spurs game cause I didnt know who the hell he was talking about .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

No one on that show has a clue to be honest. Hes one of the main culprits but a few more should go. A few half-decent presenters would bring in a lot more viewers imo as I know a lot of people watch the ITV version or Goals on Sunday on SS1 on a Sunday morning instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by NightStrike
    No one on that show has a clue to be honest. Hes one of the main culprits but a few more should go. A few half-decent presenters would bring in a lot more viewers imo as I know a lot of people watch the ITV version or Goals on Sunday on SS1 on a Sunday morning instead

That has more to do with the fact that RTE think there are only 3/4 teams in the Premiership IMO.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jerkoff took a shot and scored. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

Who else could present the premership ? Bills the only man in RTE who can do it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Shirley Temple Bar could do a better job than old bill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bill is great. I enjoy him. A broadcasting legend.

The worst presenter of football is Jimmy Hill, its great to watch him slip further into a coma every Sunday morning.....

Originally posted by ALLGOOD
    Who else could present the premership ?

Ryle Nugent ;)

and remember Jimmy Hill is the one to thank for getting rid of wage caps .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Shirley Temple Bar.....Ryle Nugent
    Jebus I thought they were the same person ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Didn't see it but Lol. I don't like the Commentary on the Premiership I prefer the Itv version. I hope they put a few decent Presenters on the show that have a clue about football.
    Typical Rte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I think they are hilarious, the 3 musketeers, Bill, Johnny and Eamon.

If Bill went we would miss him.....

"But Eamon do you not think........"

"NO NO I never think."

Advertisement