Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics cards?

Options
  • 08-05-2004 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭

hi,

just a question,at moment the graphics card i have in system is a Hercules 9700pro 128meg DDR,ive never had a problem,never. it has a lovely looking fan on it too...so at moment im consdiering upgrading to a G-force 5900xt 128meg DDR and im wondering would it be better to upgrade to it.....would there be much difference?....thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I wouldn't bother you have a good card there in the 9700 you wouldn't notice much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea definetly stick with the 9700pro. The only upgrade you should be thinkin about is the new ATI X800 or Nvidia 6800 TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Or you could try overclocking or flashing your 9700 pro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

@neokenzo

hey how would i go about doing a flash to the 9700pro,and what would i gain from it?......and thanks for replys to others i think ill take your advice....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

In some cases you can get new drivers for the cards and it will act as a faster one....... main examples...

9700 -> 9800
    9500 ->9700
    9500pro -> 9700pro
    9800se -> 9800/9800pro (and possibly 9500)

Its called softmodding, but i dont think theres much chance of anything workin on the 9700pro.

Im not too sure about flashing (ie putting a different GFX cards BIOS on your chip), its a little dodgy . The 9700pro performs a little better than the 9800, so the only gain would be if it worked as a 9800pro . TBH if you want more performance from it get an Artic cooler and overclock it...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

ok thanks for ur advice......

Advertisement