Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Question

• 08-05-2004 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Allo,

I'm seriously considering getting my tonuge pierced after my exams (a lil present to myself) and I was just thinking, can I suck my thumb after getting this done? Yes, I am nearly 21 and yes, I suck my thumb, only now and then, but it'd kinda suck - hehe - if I couldn't do it anymore.

Could any tongue pierce-ees please inform me as to how difficult it is to suck your thumb comfortably? I know this is kind of an odd request, but I feel one must consider all aspects before commiting to a piercing :)

Sue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

Hi Sue..

i was just thinking...maybe this is the perfect oppertunity for you to get out of the habit and stop it?...lol

just a thought :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

emm.. i don't have my tounge done, but trying it there i think it would be a little uncomfortable for the first while(getting used to having the bar in your tounge) maybe theres ways around it, i never sucked my tumb before i got it pierced and trying it there it feels.... different maybe this is because i never did it before i got it done... i dono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

i don't have my tongue pierced but i was an avid thumb sucker untill i was about 12/13. i do it every now and again still...kind of a comfort thing.

it'd probably be a little uncomfortable cause the tongue wouldn't be as soft and smooth as it usually is...it'd have a big ball on it etc.

you could quite possibly either find it so uncomfortable that you'd stop or else you'd adapt to it and find a comfortable position for your thumb inside your mouth that wouldn't interfere with the piercing too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

i have my tongue pierced but am not a thumb sucker, however its not that difficult. the ball on the end if it is not so big that u cant stick ur thumb in ur mouth!!!:D

but yes you should give it up.............sucking ur thumb added to a tongue piercing cant be good for ur teeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fair Enough

peachypants is right. it's not good for your teeth but getting your tongue pierced in the first place isn't.

i am a 'thumbsucker' and have my tongue pierced. it can be quite uncomfortable at first but you easily find a way. i used to put my thumb to one side. there's always a way around these things.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭girella

have my tongue done and am not now nor neber have been a thumb sucker but i just tried it there and its grand, obviously enough when you get it done straight away you wont be able to .
    id definately recommend that you get it done though, some job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Qualm

Thanks to everybody who replied, you have tipped the balance in favour of me having it done :) I'll probably suck my thumb less once it's done, i am sure it'll pan out in the end,

Cheers,

Sue

PS: I have been a thumbsucker for 20 years and I still have good shaped teef, so no need for anyone to worry about that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Originally posted by Qualm
    I'll probably suck my thumb less once it's done, i am sure it'll pan out in the end,

The shame of this, i am a, ahem,.. thumb sucker and have my tongue pierced, it will make no difference, you'll work around it at first as Fair enough said, but tongue piercing is like having an earing, you will not notice it after a while, and like me, you will continue sucking your thumb as if the peircing is not there.

and to sucking your thumb less, i said that too.;)

Now off to find a forum to deal with twenty four year old smelly blankets.

Advertisement