Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Radio Stations

Options
  • 09-05-2004 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any suggestions for good online radio stations?

I've tried Winamps offerings but they're generally not up to much. I listen to BBC Radio 6 ( www.bbc.co.uk/radio6 ) a fair bit but I'd like to see if I could find something better.

I'm into Hard Rock, Heavy Metal and Alternative but I'm up for listening to any non-mainstream stuff except for R&B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

www.radiokaos.com

It should be on the Winamp 5 radio list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

on winamp5's playlist thingy i always listen to chronix aggression... listening to it right now. killswitch engage :)

radiostorm.com is quite cool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Head over to shoutcast and live356 and check the many rock/metal stations there...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Pricey

Try out www.radionations.com there are no advertisements or dj interuptions

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

www.radioparadise.com
    Radio Paradise is a popular and pioneering Internet radio station that defines itself as "eclectic online rock radio". The channel differs from most FM channels and other Internet stations in that the music played is not limited to any specific genre but instead represents great variety. Radio Paradise mostly plays different styles of pop and rock music, but occasionally also everything from jazz to classical to electronic music and world music. All of the styles are DJ-mixed.

I love this station. It plays the type of music that I like. It's mixed by a human so there's an actual pattern to how one song flows into the next. There are no ads !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Should check www.powerfm.org as well, live DJs from late afternoons, evenings, no ads either.
    I got that allradio application on iTunes so it also works on the iphone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Ponster wrote: »
    www.radioparadise.com

I love this station. It plays the type of music that I like. It's mixed by a human so there's an actual pattern to how one song flows into the next. There are no ads !!

Agree on radio Paradise. Really suits me and partner (over 45s). Wonderful mix. Just wish we were hearing it in the timezone it was created in. We listen when preparing dinner, but of course that's mid-morning California time. No idea what the mix is in their evening. Maybe they don't factor in time-of-day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

www.di.fm

A whole range of different genres to choose from and usually top class stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Groovalizacion

try http://www.groovalizacion.com/
    you'll get a great selection of Afro / Latin / Global groove
    if you're into world music...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

http://raid.radiocrackle.com - its 24/7 and Irish

• Advertisement
Advertisement