Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question for Broadband users

• 09-05-2004 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

ok so there are 4GB, 8GB and 16GB caps in Ireland depending on what service you sign up for... but i was just wondering how these actually effect yoru downloads?

i mean i assume normal webpage visits count towards the over all amount... so if you are leaving it on all the time and use the net frequently and download loadsa music.... how long will it take to use up the cap amount?

just looking for general ideas on what you can do with a service that has a cap....

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

i use mine every day. ive got iol 16 gig pack and i only get to about 5 gigs a month but thats normal downloading not mp3 or movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Well just surfing shouldn't add up to more than a gig ... You'd be hard pressed to use up 15 gigs with just music. The average song is about 4 megs, therefore with the leftover 15 gigs you could get about 3800 songs a month, hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ya the problem come when you want to download movies or iso's they are about 700 mb each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Well nobody seems to be charging for overuse of the quotas, so it doesn't really effect anything right now. When they start charging for it though I think most people will be pretty careful about what they're downloading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Maybe its just me but I've found that I can reach over 100Mb a day with normal surfing and email. In fact, its probably is just me - too much free time on my hands at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by tuxx
    ya the problem come when you want to download movies or iso's they are about 700 mb each

What are ISOs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

.iso == cd image files

Advertisement