Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

round the world trip

• 09-05-2004 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

plannin on headin around the world in November, probable stops are Bali, Bangkok/singapore/vietnam, perth, melbourne,auckland,figi/hawaii, san francisco/vegas,seattle,new york/florida

just wondering which places are the best to visit either bangkok/singapore or vietnam, figi or hawaii

also where is the best place to book with, USIT is probably the handiest considering they sort most things out but is it a good bit dearer?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Airtreks have a decent website if you're still planning your trip, and they can give rough quotes (prices are in USD, so I'm not sure how good they are price wise) also LonelyPlanet have some decent destination guides, maybe a bit general though. I was thinking about doing roughly the same trip as you after my leaving cert, but I was quoted like €1800 for flights alone, plus with all the hassle of trying to get into the US, I think I'm just going to leave it untill I graduate.

Ebookers.ie do some nice round the world packages, and the prices don't seem too high - the WORLD DISCOVERY AIRFARE Type 3 fits roughly where you said you wanted to visit (Dublin - Hong Kong - Bangkok - Sydney - Melbourne - Auckland - Honolulu - Los Angeles - Dublin), and I think that most tickets give you a bit of flexibility with regards to destinations/times, as long as you dont go over a certain numer/mileage. Most of the destinations you lised are fairly close to the ones on the Ebookers itenerary, so I suppose you could go over-land, or maybe internal flights (Perth-Melbourne, Las Vegas-San Francisco -Seattle-New York-Florida, etc). It'd probably be handy if you had some family in the US too, since the immigration is supposed to have tightened up quite alot recently.

Advertisement