Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get info from Eircom on exchange repairs?

Options
  • 09-05-2004 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I ordered DSL off Digiweb 0n 21/03/04 - but they've told me that Eircom are doing some repairs on the Whitehall exchange (I live in Glasnevin) and won't be enabling any more lines until they're finished. I Rang Eircom to find out how long things were going to take and spent 30-40mins on hold/being bounced around different departments etc. Needless to say I didn't manage to get any info out of them.

Anyone know who I could contact in Eircom - maybe I should ask Digiweb to contact them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

This might sound pretty well stupid but its early on a monday but sure why not stroll up to the exchange its beside the garda station just walk up the entrance to whcfe and home farm and ask one of the engineers. your more likely to get an answer thats somewhat honest then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Might just do that if Digiweb don't get back to me today Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You mean digiweb are answering your queries? I mailed them Friday morning asking for an update on my wireless install and i've still had no response.
    I find it hard to believe eircom would be doing engineering works on DSL equipment that means the equipment will be down for an extended period as digiweb are claiming.

Sounds like digi are feeding you misinformation! I've been told by someone on here that they're not taking any wireless subscribers at the moment due to a severe lack of installers and a fault on their main transmitter....yet can digiweb give me an honest answer? noooo.

</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Got two emails from digiweb today this one at 1.30pm

I have contacted Eircom and they quoted a 2-3 week lead time on repairs and upgrades for Whitehall.

I booked you in for a cancellation slot so if another DSL user in the Whitehall exchange cancels their service you can have their existing slot, if this happens you can have your DSL connection immediately.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Deborah Mc Keown

Followed by this at 2.05!

Thank you for your order for Digiweb HomeJet DSL.

Your account has been now activated.

A modem will be shipped within 2 days to the following address:

No mention of me getting a cancellation slot either. I'll let you know how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh, there *is* life at digiweb! They must be ignoring my emails. Nice customer service....

• Advertisement
Advertisement