Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to get info from Eircom on exchange repairs

• 09-05-2004 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I ordered DSL off Digiweb on 21/03/04 - but they've told me that Eircom are doing some repairs on the Whitehall exchange (I live in Glasnevin) and won't be enabling any more lines until they're finished. I Rang Eircom to find out how long things were going to take and spent 30-40mins on hold/being bounced around different departments etc. Needless to say I didn't manage to get any info out of them.

Anyone know who I could contact in Eircom - maybe I should ask Digiweb to contact them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by digitaldr
    I ordered DSL off Digiweb on 21/03/04 - but they've told me that Eircom are doing some repairs on the Whitehall exchange (I live in Glasnevin) and won't be enabling any more lines until they're finished. I Rang Eircom to find out how long things were going to take and spent 30-40mins on hold/being bounced around different departments etc. Needless to say I didn't manage to get any info out of them.

Anyone know who I could contact in Eircom - maybe I should ask Digiweb to contact them?

I suppose in any sane business set up it would be reasonable for Digiweb to have been told by Eircom when they are likely to start enabling lines again:rolleyes:

Have you asked Digiweb who they are dealing with in Eircom and maybe start there?

It seems a bit odd that your earlier posts did not get any responses from people in a similar situation - I presume the other ISP's would be similarly affected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Is it the same as the Santry exchange?

If so the repairs are nearly done afaik. I was trying to get Broadband for weeks, but couldn't cause there was a problem with the exchange. But now the engineer is coming on Monday and my line will be enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks I'll get onto Digiweb again tomorrow - I don't think they're feeding me a line as they've been very good to deal with. I guess there mightn't be any other boards subscribers waiting for DSL in Glasnevin at the moment - apparently existing subscribers aren't affected (or should that be effected - I never can tell!)

Jimeatsmenu - if it's the same exchange should our phone numbers begin with the same digits? Mine starts with 836.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Might be worth seeing if the exchange itself has a number? Maybe that would get you in contact with those actually doing whatever work is going on.

• Advertisement

Just answered my own question from this list http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142107
    it would seem that Santry is not served by the Whitehall exchange - hope Digiweb can give me an answer or might try to get a number for the exchange as jdub45 suggests.

Got two emails from digiweb today this one at 1.30pm

I have contacted Eircom and they quoted a 2-3 week lead time on repairs and upgrades for Whitehall.

I booked you in for a cancellation slot so if another DSL user in the Whitehall exchange cancels their service you can have their existing slot, if this happens you can have your DSL connection immediately.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Deborah Mc Keown

Followed by this at 2.05!

Thank you for your order for Digiweb HomeJet DSL.

Your account has been now activated.

A modem will be shipped within 2 days to the following address:

No mention of me getting a cancellation slot either. I'll let you know how things go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by digitaldr
    Got two emails from digiweb today this one at 1.30pm

I have contacted Eircom and they quoted a 2-3 week lead time on repairs and upgrades for Whitehall.

I booked you in for a cancellation slot so if another DSL user in the Whitehall exchange cancels their service you can have their existing slot, if this happens you can have your DSL connection immediately.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes,

Deborah Mc Keown

Followed by this at 2.05!

Thank you for your order for Digiweb HomeJet DSL.

Your account has been now activated.

A modem will be shipped within 2 days to the following address:

No mention of me getting a cancellation slot either. I'll let you know how things go.

I hate you.

Just got modem installed - the DSL line isn't lighting and all the DSL connection tests failed so I guess they haven't enabled DSL on my line after all. Digiweb support uncontactable.

Digiweb said they'd get in touch with Eircom about it but said it would be very unusual for Eircom to tell them a line had been activated if it hadn't.

The saga continues. Digiweb have contacted Eircom who told them today that their IT department were still testing the line (this was a message on my mobile) This is a bit puzzling as Digiweb told me my line was definitely suitable for broadband. Maybe "IT department is testing the line" is just the standard reply when they couldn't be ars*d to find out what's really happening.

By the way I've found Digiweb very easy to contact - they said they'll ring Eircom daily until things are sorted out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement