Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone/Broadband installation

• 09-05-2004 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I'm moving house tonight. The new place doesn't have a telephone line so was just wondering how much it would cost to install one and it's in Maynooth so is broadband available there? (Probably a stupid question but bear in mind I'm clueless to this sort of thing)

Also, does it matter what type of computer you have? I'm taking the one that was left behind in the flat here and basic ain't the word! It does the job though so I don't want to have to bring my own up from Cork if there's no need.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If its got something like windows 98 or better and a USB port it'll be alright (most of the irish isp's supply usb modems). Windows 95 doesn't support USB (well Win 95 OSR 2 has really flakey and broken USB support).

Advertisement