Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download entire Websites

Options
  • 09-05-2004 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I'm sure I've heard of a tool that can do this. Download all the pages of a website so they can be viewed offline.

Anyone know of this or am I mistaken?

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

http://www.httrack.com

I used a version of this about a year ago, excellent program... has all the features you need and it's free.
    Don't be scared off by the Linux stuff on the front page, there's a windows version on the download page.
    Hmm they've really polished the GUI since I last saw it o_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

FYI, if you have FrontPage you can do this also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Thanks SantaHoe, thats a neat little proggie..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Some directories and large websites will now block attempts to download entire sites at the IP level. This could also involve complaints to the ISP and other legal hassles. But for a hobbyist website you may be ok. However it is best to read any Terms Of Service notes on a site before running a scraper program.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Problem solved.
    Get a "legit" version of ghostsurf or another "ip blocker" so they can all kiss yo ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Nick_oliveri
    Problem solved.
    Get a "legit" version of ghostsurf or another "ip blocker" so they can all kiss yo ass.
    Yeah and by a process of elimination, those anonymous proxies get blocked. And of course there are other triggers that large sites build in to the structure. There is also precedent in Irish law if it comes to prosecution.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement