Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fun co op games

Options
  • 09-05-2004 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

well myself and my brother have our pc's networked and we play fps games online but would like something differnt for a change

we used to play baldurs gate 2 in co op mode
    and that was fun
    but i just cant think of any other good co op games
    so does anyone know some they can recomend
    we are mainly looking for rpg's or fps but anything thats ment to be a bit of fun in co op we will try

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Serious Sam.
    There's also a co-op mod for Half Life. (sven co-op i think its called)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Neverwinter nights ? some RTS maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Serious Samicon14.gificon14.gif

I posted about this before do a search i got lots of replies with some good games.
    Original Doom springs to mind, Need for Speed.

Kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The original Quake is a good laugh, get the mission backs aswell.

Doom is good fun, no rocket jumps, mouse look or fancy graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is operation desert storm for PC? If so that's a gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The fact that they removed co-op from the PC version of Halo still irritates the $hit out of me :mad:

that could have been great fun on a lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ground Control 2 which is coming out soon has a co-op mode. Should make for some interesting games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jdoom. It's doom with 3D graphics and has mouse look. Should be easy enough to find on the interweb. Doom is the greatest co-op game ever.

Originally posted by Gordon
    Is operation desert storm for PC? If so that's a gas.

I bought pt2 other day after reading reviews only to find Eur version dont have online play.
    Pt 1 is great in coop.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

same situation as myself and my bro.

as mentioned, SvenCo-Op for HL is the dogs bollocks of co-op mods.

at v3 atm, it p0wns.

I think in the thread kdjac mentioned, there was talk of a MoH co-op mod.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Has Raven Shield a Co-OP mode like the orignal RB6 games? If so thats uasally loads of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Both Serious Sam games were great. Hell the the demo of the second encounnter is still played at college, with difficulty ramped up and respawning monsters. 8 guys running around shooting everything, great, better than Doom co-op, yep you heard me.

Sam is the best Co Op game i have to agree with that, MOH has a Co op mod but as its a mod it has issues but when it works it works well ,Sniper Town in Coop is great fun.

http://www.team-assault.com/news.php MOH Mod ( i better be in the readme i helped make that damn thing :D )

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Yeah Halo on the PC was dissapointing they tried to prevent you from killing teamates in a patch dont think it worked you will always get the **** who will shoot up his team:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Serious Sam is great for a bit of mindless co-op spam, excellent fun. JDoom is another really great game to play in co-op, Sven co-op isnt bad either, some real good maps, some just downright stupid tho, really really fun with 8 or so people on a good map tho.

Really looking forward to Ground Control2 tho......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Played Sam till the end COOP, but wouldnt go back. All mindless, no athmosphere.

Raven Shield, the addon, Operation Flashpoint and its addons are all excellent multiplayer.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

great responce guys thanks alot
    should keep my busy for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

secret of mana with snes9x - great fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Commandos 2: men of courage, great fun over a LAN. Brilliant Action/Stratagey, maybe a little to hard for the average gamer, but once you get the hang of it youll be flying. I think Comm3 is Co-op aswell, but i havent yet played it so i cant really recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    Played Sam till the end COOP, but wouldnt go back. All mindless, no athmosphere.

Raven Shield, the addon, Operation Flashpoint and its addons are all excellent multiplayer.

Matt

Yes :)

Was there ever a co-op mod for Deus Ex? Or was that System Shock 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Yes :)

Was there ever a co-op mod for Deus Ex? Or was that System Shock 2?

That was System Shock 2 afaik. Deus Ex had a DM mod (or it was included?). Never got to try SS2 COOP. :(

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

yeah there was a coop for Deus Ex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Championship manager :)

Advertisement