Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parrot Cages

• 09-05-2004 3:34pm

I have a 3 year old African Grey . i am now looking for a new cage for him . He has destroyed the other cage . All the cages they are now advertising for African Greys are all too Small for such an intelagent bird . Not only that they are overly priced .

Does anybody know were to get a good cage ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Delerium

I got a fairly big cage from Wacker's Pet Shop on Parnell st in Dublin. Can't rememember what it cost though. (01) 872 6993

You could also try Copsewood Aviaries in Kilmacanogue, they have loads of parrots there so they may possibly have some cages too. (01) 286 2087

There is also a place in Drogheda called Collon's Animal Sanctuary, they always have lots of parrots for sale so I presume they have cages too. Their parrot prices seemed good so maybe they will have reasonably priced cages. (041) 26749

The Newlands Garden Centre in Clondalkin has cages, and they also take orders for cages too. The ones to order are fantastic, but pricey. http://www.newlands.ie/aquatics.html

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

First off, steer clear of newlands, trust me, i lived virtually next door to the place for years and spent more time in there then some of the staff for various reasons.
    The place in overpriced in the EXTREME, and there is no difference in what they sell to qualify the amazingly high prices.

When i had parrots I used to use a "standard" parrot cage, plenty big, cant remember the brand but the majority of pet shops stock it for about €150.

The other option (probably the best for a grey given how much they love to escape ;) ) is to design a cage yourself and get it built by a metalworks company, you would be amazed at how cheap that can work out. Once I took in a small colony of cockatiels (7) and had a cage made of mesh with a solid slide out bottom on wheels which was 6ft high and nearly 3.5ft wide on all sides and it only cost me IR£130!!

Happy designing ;)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I've seen some great deals on Ebay for the larger parrots, unfortunately a lot of them are collect-only, but try anyway.

Advertisement