Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers sign Prso!

• 09-05-2004 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/story.asp?j=119645260&p=yy9646x75&n=119646146&x=
    Rangers have confirmed the signing of striker Dado Prso from Champions League finalists Monaco for next season.

The 29-year-old Croatia international has signed a three-year deal with the Ibrox club.

A statement on the Light Blues’ official website, www.rangers.co.uk, said: “Rangers FC can confirm the signature of Dado Prso from Monaco.

“The player has signed a three-year contract commencing season 2004-2005.”

Rangers maintain the arrival of Prso, who is currently nursing a broken toe, is an indication that they are prepared to fight to regain the Bank of Scotland Premier League title from Celtic next season.

The statement continued: “The club has shown a real determination for the honours again after a disappointing season and have done really well in fighting off stiff competition from many major clubs throughout Europe.”

Ibrox boss Alex McLeish believes Prso’s achievements this season are strong indicators of the player’s ability.

Monaco will contest the Champions League final against Porto in Gelsenkirchen on May 26 after defeating Chelsea and Real Madrid in the semi and quarter-finals respectively.

The Monte Carlo club are still battling with Lyon and Paris St Germain for the French title and Prso is set to play in Euro 2004 for Croatia against England and France in the group stages.

McLeish said: “I have watched Prso many times this season. He is very direct as a striker and he has a great presence which is just what we need.

“I’m absolutely delighted to have secured a player of his calibre.

“The fact that he is in the running for the French championship, the Champions League and Euro 2004 tells you that the man has that winning quality.”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

My God why do good players want to join Rangers over Celtic or a decent prem side . The guy was with Monaco a far better team . Unless he knows more than us ( Deschamps leaving ) why would he leave such a good club .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Big Ears
    My God why do good players want to join Rangers over Celtic or a decent prem side . The guy was with Monaco a far better team . Unless he knows more than us ( Deschamps leaving ) why would he leave such a good club .

Money?

Seems likely to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Money?

Seems likely to me.

Yeah it got to be. Why else would you want to play in Scotland?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Thank God for friends in the know... was on the verge of buying a croatia shirt for the summer with his name on it earlier last week..... until a friend told me he was due talks with rangers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by paddyduff
    Thank God for friends in the know... was on the verge of buying a croatia shirt for the summer with his name on it earlier last week..... until a friend told me he was due talks with rangers!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah cant support him now that he plays for Rangers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Yes, precisely axel. Remarkable comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Good signing for Rangers particularly with Celtic losing their main strike threat in Larsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Big Ears
    My God why do good players want to join Rangers over Celtic or a decent prem side .
    He got himself a three year contract taking him up til 32 - when he'll probably be complete pants and I'd bet he'll be hitting the £20,000 a week mark too. Nodody but Rangers would offer that sort of contract to an ageing striker - nobody else is stupid enough to. Unless it's Rivaldo to Celtic/Bolton and at least then it's fucking Rivaldo not some Croatian journeyman with a terrible goalscoring record that no-one had even heard of six months ago.

I despair for Rangers sometimes they're just soooo bad in the transfer market - with the exception of Arteta I guess. Boumsong's alright as well but I reckon he's probably getting huge money as well. I dunno how they expect to stay solvent.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

He is going to be another Rangers flop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Stefan Guivarch?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by johnor
    Stefan Guivarch?
    He played for Rangers? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Axel
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah cant support him now that he plays for Rangers
    I'd be my house that you wouldn't wear a Dutch jersey with van Nistlerooy on the back. Any excuse the slag off the Old Firm rivalry.

Advertisement