Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 36

• 09-05-2004 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Well a bad week for Barca and Real Madrid.
    Both lost yesterday, that's four in a row for Real and Barca's first loss in 18 games.

I didn't watch the Real Madrid match yesterday, but they lost 3-2 to Mallorca. IIrc they were at home aswell.

Barcelona lost 1-0 to Celta Vigo away. It was a match Celta needed to win more than Barcelona did. It was not a pretty match at all. Celta played with smart tactics and kept the Barcelona players closed down giving them no space to work with the ball. They had to win, considering going into the match they were in 19th spot.
    Barca played like the season was over already. Valencia realisticly being too far ahead (5 points). So it was a lack lustre performance.
    It was the worst Barca game I've seen in the league since Christmas. It was like watching a Liverpool match.
    Victor Valdes played well, even though he had little to do in all fairness. The penalty save probably being the highlight.

So, with both Real Madrid and Barca slipping yesterday, if Valencia won tonight against Sevilla they would be crowned champions.
    Again I didn't watch the match (damn exams) but the result was a 2 - 0 victory for Valencia.
    So congrats to them, I'm glad Real Madrid didn't win it anyway.
    Valencia have been very consistent all season and certainly deserved to win the title.

Hopefully Barcelona will play aswell next season as they did in the latter half of this season for the entire campaign. Then I can certainly see silver ware coming our way. And depending on signings made, they could make a realistic challenge for the Champions League not just La Liga.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Delighted for Valancia. Mostly cost i dont like Madrid. There a great team but there so damn cocky. I hope Barca get second spot. They have been brilliant since January going 18 games unbeaten. I hope they put up a fight for the La Liga title next season and Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good game tonight , gotta love Spanish football only league where a defender could skin you twice :D

Anyone see the goal that was ruled out for Seville?
    That should be taught to kids how to head a ball at pace, cracking goal shame it was ruled out.

kdjac

Advertisement