Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Net Connection

• 06-05-2004 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

So you're just assuming that the college will give you a line? The power's gone to your head man.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

am....

yes Quetzal.

Look, a shopping bag floating in an updraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Fobia
    So you're just assuming that the college will give you a line? The power's gone to your head man.

Look, forget what I said.
    If we have a net connection at the LAN (web, ssh, irc) thank/question me then.
    I'm not being arrogant here, I'm simply stating the facts: you honestly don't know enough about networking to be able to comment, and I really can't be bothered repeating information that's already freely available on numerous websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Look, forget what I said.
    If we have a net connection at the LAN (web, ssh, irc) thank/question me then.
    I'm not being arrogant here, I'm simply stating the facts: you honestly don't know enough about networking to be able to comment, and I really can't be bothered repeating information that's already freely available on numerous websites.

Translation = STFU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Asok
    Translation = STFU!

in olden day terms = Frankly my dear i dont give a dam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ebonics lesson #2

shut ur mutha' fukin' mouth bi-atch 'fore i pop a cap in yooooo ass!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Right, that's it.

My lives been **** lately and as a result I've been acting like a noob with pms, not thinking before I post etc. Mainly angered by Doodee's unending hatred of me I got worked up over **** which didn't really matter to me. Having said that, I still stand by everything I said, this is not another "I'm quitting galwaylan forever" emotional ****ty post, I'm just apologising for the way I've been posting lately, I only get 30 mins online a night so the slightest thing sets me off. I hope ye can all forgive me/die. I've managed to stay fairly clear of #galwaylan for a while now and I will continue to do so, some of ye seem to think that this is because of my feud with Relko of Cleggan lan, it is simply not, anyone who was there can look at the logs and see that it was not that serious and ended on good terms, I left because I kept getting drawn into stupid arguements, mainly with the newer irc galwaylaners. I've got nothing against Relko, he's a sound, though maybe overexcited, lad.

On another note, I've spent the last 10 minutes writing this crappy little thing, it doesn't mean anything at all, so don't be drawing conclusions from any of it.

Having successfully communised Dublin Syxpak returns home to Galway, 10 slaves run behind his car calling "Hail mother Beard". He turns on Jessica, tries to get Asok to put on a lobster suit, condenscends quetzal then goes to bed.
    Asok picks up a mighty big check from fás for going to school, attempts are made at sodomisation, failure. He returns home to dish out some major op-abuse then crawls into Syxpak's beard for a snooze.
    Meanwhile, Relko returns to the shire. A few tricks he has for the boggits tonight, an over-modded pc/disco none the less. After lots of merry dancing and frolicking in the meadows the boggits stagger home to their inbred families for dinner.
    calidenreturnshomethenuseshisl33tcsgaymingskillztoplayinacrapclan.
    Toxick enters his room, Mistakill follows behind on a leash. "Jump!" Toxick orders, Mistakill obliges and shouts "heil Toxick!!". Doodee cries with emotion now that Syxpak has left him behind, vowing revenge for what has happened, he kicks everyone out of his netcafé and uninstalls qw of each computer, one at a time for emphasis.
    Robbo strolls along the streets of Salthill, wearing shades on a rainy day he attempts to chat up some women by saying "aight" then laughing at them, he can't understand why it hasn't worked yet.
    Syxpak wakes up, doesn't shave. thinking that he now owns the college having done work experience at HEAnet he walks up to the university but is shot in the head by an american sniper rifle thinking that he was Osama Bin Ladin, a bad day for the beard.During all this, quetzal sits quietly at home, alone, wacking off.

Night night,
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hah thats quality :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

And here was me thinking that when the youth of today are upset, they resort to sub-Linkin Park-esque poetry...

oh n0000, my conter-strike skills, thats low

During all this, quetzal sits quietly at home, alone, wacking off.

ooo u dirty boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hey..

Syxpak may be ugly and hate filled.. but.. what was that third thing you said?

• Advertisement

?

Right, that's it.

Doodee cries with emotion now that Syxpak has left him behind, vowing revenge for what has happened, he kicks everyone out of his netcafé and uninstalls qw of each computer, one at a time for emphasis.

My Dear Lad,
    I dont delete QW due to emotion, i do it because, bar the brown nose quake wannabes like yourself, none of the general public/ people who have the ability to let go of the past want to play it. Its dated,its mega-pixel'y and quite frankly, it sucks in comparison to alot of the talent thats currently in the games market. ITs for Facists and Self-righteous elitists.

btw, nobody gives a toss about your stupid little Angsty affairs.
    Tbh, 30mins is far too much prebed-time net access for you, and if i was your father i'd have left u on teh doorstep of some caravan.
    Little kids shoulds meddle in big boys affairs. John knows a hell of alot more about what he is doing that you probably will ever know about women/having a life.

standing ovation for doodee please

ww)

Cut the cocknockery.

Is he coming on to me?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by Asok
    Is he coming on to me?
    i donesn't think that tihs is appraproate topic of convirsation heree. just shuttupp ok?

How about we all try to shut up until at least Syxpak has gotten confirmation on the existance/non-existance of sponsorship and prizes?
    I for one will try.

I'm not even going to contemplate playing GLSnap2004: Vietnam unless there's a wide variety of concubines, crustaceans and naked pictures of Thelma Mansfield on offer as prizes for my towering GLS2K4:Vietnam prowess...

Fine.

Asok, to the Gimp's Chest!

How about we all try to shut up until at least Syxpak has gotten confirmation on the existance/non-existance of sponsorship and prizes?
    I for one will try.

ok, for one, i dont see why its neccessary for him to evan have to bother going out to find sponsorship. The old lans were done for fun, and if a prize could be made out of matchstick boxes or Jam jiggers then things were even better.
    I think you should be bloody thankful that you even have access to the lan, instead of constantly questioning Johns methods or what he's going to do. He has done a ****load and if you didn't ****ing realise, he dont get paid for what he does.
    The case used to be a few pints were bought for organisers,i havent been to a GL in quite some time but i would hope the traditions sshould have stayed the same.

• Advertisement

How about we all try to shut up
    I use words like "asscock" to express my inner feelings.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Fine.

Asok, to the Gimp's Chest!
    gimp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

wtf?

Syxpak is a nazi uber moderator.

Now say "Heil!" and salute your Führer

Ye don't deserve the expenditure of effort it takes to get the lan organised.

And with that I hereby lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement