Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie css redesign

Options
  • 09-05-2004 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how its going? I PMed the guy in charge when requests were being made for help. No reply or feedback in 3 or 4 months.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think there were a few hundred offers and so we posted an announcement saying thank you and that Justhalf couldnt get back to everyone individually...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

The first announcement went up just a month and a half ago. After the month was over (as we waited for signups), regi posted up a thank you note from myself. I can't find the announcement to post though.

I couldn't get back to everyone individually to thank them, as we're talking nearly three hundred people (and the PM system on Boards doesn't allow massive spamming). We'll be looking into a better way of managing this in the future, and for keeping everyone involved up to date with goings on.

Myself and partner in crime Kevin (P) are finishing up work on the forms, but they should be going out tomorrow (at least the first fifty or so). They would be out earlier, but I'm coming to the end of a project and Kevin's doing his thesis. :eek:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Feel free to use the Hack Attack forum to organise people (I can make you mod of it if you want to use it). Thats what its there for after all!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I see. I was just wondering how much progress had been done. I have plenty of free time at the moment, and had offered to help. As long as its being taken care of :) I must have missed Regi's post in the matter.

Yeah, Regi's announcement dissappeared pretty quickly with all the debating ones :)

Tom, I'll take that under advisement. I hadn't considered it, and I'll have to think about it (no thinking will be done at this time of night).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

As has been pointed out on several other threads, it would be nice if we could get our hands on a default VB3 theme, so we could get cracking on some new styles. Obviously everyone is very busy, but if it could be dropped into Pick 'n' Mix or something...?

Because of these adventures:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159794

..the PMs may be delayed until tomorrow.

Edit: Because Linux isn't set up properly on this machine yet, and this installation process is taking ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Originally posted by JustHalf
    and the PM system on Boards doesn't allow massive spamming

Sorry for going OT here, but does that mean bubbles sent his newsletter to each person individually??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by mr_angry
    As has been pointed out on several other threads, it would be nice if we could get our hands on a default VB3 theme, so we could get cracking on some new styles. Obviously everyone is very busy, but if it could be dropped into Pick 'n' Mix or something...?

I already mentioned this but I can give access to a default VB3 install if a few people want to work on the styles I have a spare licence so I can even make it public so you can get opinions.

Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    Sorry for going OT here, but does that mean bubbles sent his newsletter to each person individually??

Nope, theres quiet an easy way to mass spam, I'm not going to tell you however, since I'm sure the admins are well aware of it.

• Advertisement

Ok I went and set it up anyway you will find it Here It's a full default install with no hacks or mods. Those that want to have a crack at the styles can go ahead and register them PM me Here and I will give you some control panel access from where you can download and feck about with the styles. I would also appreciate if someone from the design team or one of the admins here would volunteer to take primary admin on the test board for the purposes of allowing others CP access as required, changing things as needed and maybe to fix it if it gets broken;)

Cheers

Cheers Redshift. I am not best placed to do that right now but anyone who feels they have the time should step up!

If we can get a zip pack of the images, I'll link it in Pix'n'Mix!

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Cheers Redshift. I am not best placed to do that right now but anyone who feels they have the time should step up!

If we can get a zip pack of the images, I'll link it in Pix'n'Mix!

DeV.

Yep, as Dev said we need someone to admin this I just don't have the time at the moment. As I said preferably a design team member or a boards admin failing that if someone else with Vbulletin admin experience feels they have the time PM me or post here. I have already sorted ftp access to the images directory to do the new styles so we're ready to go.
    Also if anybody wants to work on the images Here is a zip of the VB3 images folder in the proper directory structure

Cheers
    Red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

cool thanks for that redshift, love to try out a few ideas after my exams are over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Originally posted by Boston
    Nope, theres quiet an easy way to mass spam, I'm not going to tell you however, since I'm sure the admins are well aware of it.

Aha. That's OK, thats what I wanted to know, and I think I know what it is. Like I say, I was just wondering whether bubbles was really sad enough to send 150 individual PMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    Aha. That's OK, thats what I wanted to know, and I think I know what it is. Like I say, I was just wondering whether bubbles was really sad enough to send 150 individual PMs

550 at last count

Originally posted by sionnach
    cool thanks for that redshift, love to try out a few ideas after my exams are over

Done, I upgraded your account to limited administrator, I done yours too Boston you didn't say if you wanted it but since you registered I assume you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Redshift, could you upgrade mine too pls?!?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

How exactly does this work? Do we actually register for the redesign forum through the mechanism there, or do we PM you Redshift?

Just Register on the test forum then let me know via pm here or on this thread and I will give you access to the boards styling and forum sections via a limited admin account.

Edit: You're Done BTW

• Advertisement

I had a brainwave today, which (with a couple of days work) will save us a lot of time in processing the results of the survey.

As it will involve writing a lot code (which I should be doing all day Saturday) but it'll mean that when someone fills out their forms we'll have usable data instantly (and avoid the mind-numbing process of sorting through over two thousand forms).

Advertisement