Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian Trip

• 10-05-2004 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

I am planning a trip to Italy for myself and my daughter - was just wondering does anyone know of any reasonable hotels, etc that can be recommended - my daughter wants to go to Rome - so obviously anywhere there would be ideal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Alright chief. I was in rome a little while ago, not my cup of tea but still nice. Be carefull of Hotels as it seems any muppet can call his shack a hotel. stick with the bigger ones if you can. I seem to remember a Stargate hotel that was nice looking would you believe and a Faulty Towers. The hotels have some fecked up names there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

I went to florence last october and rome the previous year. Like bombidol said there are different standards in hotels. Rome has loads. but take note one building with 5 floors could have 4 hotels!! always bargain with them to get a better price. we got a clean 3 bed room ensiute for €90 a night. you will have no problem finding one if you are willing to look the city centre has loads really. there are some hotels wich would compare to american hotels and they are more expensive but can be well worth it. Rome is fab but Sienna is the best place by far check it out if you geet a chance:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeah I'm planning to go to Florence this year depending on how much my house costs me.
    The plan is to fly into Pisa with Ryanair and then get the train or bus down to Florence and spend a week there. Then, rent a car for the second week and drive down the coast OR fly/train to Sicily.
    I've heard Sienna is a good spot alright and it's not far from Florence.

Advertisement