Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mozilla firefox question

Options
  • 10-05-2004 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Just got this on a magazine and to be fair it isnt half bad, just one question is it possible to open outlook express from within the browser, or do i have to do what im doing now, just minimise it and open it via the icon

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

erm, if you had outlook express set up as your default mail client, you could just click an email address in firefox & it'd open oe...
    failing that, you could drag the oe shortcut down to your quick launch bar.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You're halfway there, having replaced IE with FireFox. Now just install Thunderbird instead of Outlook Express, and you're done! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

He certainly is. Why someone would use OE over Thunderbird is beyond me, but how and ever...

go into Internet Options in Internet Explorer, go to programs and make sure that the email client is set to outlook express.

When you click on mailto: links on webpages, it should open them in OE, which is what you mean, I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

hmm ok ill install thunderbird and see what happens, thx for the advice guys

shin

Advertisement