Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iraqs oil exports

Options
  • 10-05-2004 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭

Pipeline attack disrupts oil exports from southern Iraq

WTF ?
    Have they been pumping oil out of iraq by the millions of barrels since the invasion ?

Kinda sounds like looting on a massive scale.

Or are the governing council putting $46 in the state coffers for every barrell they take ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

and yet the price is going through the roof

so much for blood for oil, if that ever was the case (I'm skeptical), we're not getting a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Originally posted by Gurgle

Or are the governing council putting $46 in the state coffers for every barrell they take ?

I think the money is going into a development-and-reconstruction fund for Iraq administered by the UN and World Bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

Yep they are pumping out the oil, don't know where the money goes though. Doesn't look like Iraqis benefiting much from it as most of the contracts of reconstruction are given to overcharging US companies with $$$$$s are the only thing in their mind.
    Iraqi oil

I think, US in the long term probably want to run pipes through Israel to get the petrol out of Iraq and making Israel richer to buy more guns so they can continue their ethnic cleansing. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I think the money is going into a development-and-reconstruction fund for Iraq administered by the UN and World Bank?

All of it ?
    I'd like to believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

News story here

Critical analysis of how the Development Fund is being run . Interesting site, actually. Haven't had time to read it, but at first glance I might have been wrong about it being run by the UN and WB.

Anyway I don't know why I'm doing your research for you. Does it not occur to people to spend a minute or two on Google before asking Boards about something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On the price of oil, its got little to do with the flow of the sticky stuff. The price is a reflection of political fear and panic - Iraq, Chechnea, Al Qaeda etc. What might happen next...

Mike.

Advertisement