Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Lessons

Options
  • 10-05-2004 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good instructor, out in north county Dublin (Skerries area)?

Somethings happened and I need to get driving as soon as possible, ideally on a full licence (I know it might take a while). I've no experience apart from pressing player 1 on my play station, so if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You're going to be waiting about a year for a driving test anyways.

Apparently the quickest way to get your test now is to do it in athlone, shortest waiting list in the country.

edit: after checking the driving test website, it seems Ennis has overtaken athlone:

Ennis - 11 weeks - 57% pass rate
    Athlone - 12 weeks - 65.5% pass rate

My test is in Kilkenny ... 51 weeks wait, 55% pass rate.

Only about 11 months to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

Did anyone do test in Athlone and if did how long wait? I am not very sure of the waiting list on the Dept. Env. is good. Maybe we should have a sticky where people can put their test centers and amount of time they waited to get a test ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Can you not get a bumped up if you have a letter from your employer stating you need to be able to drive?

I thought alot of ppl "scammed" the Dept that way in order to get the test sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

if u have a letter on company headed paper u should get bumped as it worked for me i had to wait less than 2 months for the test (in Naas)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Originally posted by Washout
    I thought alot of ppl "scammed" the Dept that way in order to get the test sooner?

that was what i did! but i fecking failed so now i'm off to Oz and doing my test over there - only 3 weeks waiting list!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

getting back on topic,
    i used the Airport Driving School for my pretest and they were very good, id certainly recommend 'em(i passed anyway!) dunno if theyll go out to skerries prob would tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Thanks, a friend was telling me, that if you go for a "c" licence I think (it's the one for lite vans) it's a much shorter list and he found they were as easy to drive.

Advertisement