Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation Guide

• 10-05-2004 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am signing up for the ESAT BT broadband package , and I was going to do the self-install (saving 100 euro)

But I cannot find any docs on the installation procedure , (i'm sure you et the docs with the modem but I wanted to preview them first)

So can anyone tell me the steps involved for home setup ?

is it simply connect up the bits. load the device drivers and assign the correct network settings ?

cheers

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, its dead easy. They will mail you out the modem and some microfilters. Just connect the filter to your phone line, modem to the filter. Then set it up with the correct username and password. You may need to change the VPI/VCI, but if you're using a modem supplied by your ISP that stuff should be configured already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

nice one ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Stephen
    Just connect the filter to your phone line, modem to the filter.
    [silly question] do you not have to open up the PC to put the modem in? :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The isp's supply external USB modems. They can also supply ethernet ones/routers on request (possibly for an extra charge)

Advertisement