Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown plumits, RAW set for huge ratings!!!

• 10-05-2004 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

411mania.com reported a huge drop in ratings for the alreday abismal smackdown brand. Its hard to imagine why, considering they have this top notich angle with Bradshaw, a woman as the cruiser weight champion, especially since all the cruiserweights have stoped using high flying lucha libre moves, and not to mention a lack of mid carders. (By the way, thats all sarcasm, I dont actually like smackdown at the mo...)

The radings were 2.8 at the shows climax last week. Thats really bad! They have nothing to work with next week, and they have a void of 5 matches to set up for Judgement day with is shaping up to probally be the worst buy rate for any PPV since Badd Blood last year.

On the oppisate end of the spectrum, Raw this week is as we speak under going a huge advertisment campian in the states for this weeks ROCKETBUSTER show, recorded and telivised tonight on Spike Tv in the states! Ratings are expected to be even higher then the eagerly antisipated but over rated brand extention lottery several weeks back. Not only do the figures and facts speak for them selves, fans all over the world are eagerly antisipating this comming show. Heres the 5 key matches:
    Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin
    Batista vs. Tajiri
    Randy Orton vs. Edge for the Intercontinental Championship
    Chris Jericho vs. Christian in a Steel Cage Match
    Eugene Dinsmore vs. Rob Conway
    *Not to fogret the developing monster heal/hero/damsil in disdress angle between MAtt Hardy Kane and Lita. And the rumours regarding
    a hell in the cell grudge match between HHH and Shawn Michaels set for Badd Blood

I cant wait to find out what happens on RAW this week. What are everyone elses thoughts?

Hanza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Done forget that Smackdown was going up against the last episode of Friends over in the States, that would make a major hole in the ratings aswell

smackdown does suck at the moment though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

at least the taker match was good and the rvd and ray vs the dudlies was a good solid match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

but as a whole package smackdown is just brutral atm.

i think for once i will try to avoid raw spoilers and watch the show on riday...rather looking forward to jericho Vs Christian and also ortan Vs Edge.

on a side note how the heck are they going to get another 5 matches for jday.

i can see the obvious ruiserweight rematch but what else is out there for sd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Don't know maybe RVD vs Dudley's, Tag Title match?????

but what else???/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive lost total interest in smackdown and havent watched it properly since the first week of the redraft so ive lost track of what is happening in smackdown but the stuff i read here I know I aint missing anything. I will watch Judgement Day but with only 6 days to go and 5 matchs left to fill i guess they will just draw up some crappy matches at random over next few days and hope for the best. Im sure they'll use the dudleys, chavo, rvd, big show and rey mysterio somewhere in the ppv. However most ppl including myself are writing this ppv as the worst in past 12 months before it even starts , theres a chance that some good matches could materialise and we all be pleasantly surprised by the ppv's outcome. My main wish for Judgement Day is the end of this JBL crap and put him back where he belongs in house shows or velocity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like we could have RVD & Rey Mysterio vs The Dudleys, I like the sound of that, The Basham Brothers vs Rico & Charlie Haas, could be ok and Chavo Guerrero vs Jacqueline for the WWE Cruiserweight title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Good point!

I think they next 5 matches will be:

The Bashems V Hass and Rico
    RVD & Rey Mysterio V the Dudleys(make this a table match for the esthetics)
    Jackie V Chavo Jr
    Shannon Moore V Nunzio (they have been pushing a minor fewd on velocity)
    Torrie Wilson V (someone)

Oh My GOD! It took me like 5 minutes to think of the last match!:eek: I think thye are just gonna go with 4 more matches!

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I think Smackdown is really, really terrible right now, no question. But I also think it would be easy enough to improve it, at least to some extent.
    If I were a booker, the first thing I'd do is start pushing the FBI as a viable tag-team, instead of the Undertaker's punching bags. They could be damn good.
    Stamboli is a solid worker with a great look. Nunzio is just plain class. His facial expressions are even better than William Regal's. Ever notice what he does when he is up for the Last Ride? He blesses himself. How cool is that.
    Combine them with the recently turned (and massively refreshed) Dudleyz, Smackdown could have a good tag-team division again.
    Assuming the feud between JBL and Eddie goes Eddie's way (god help Smackdown if it doesn't!), a subsequent feud btween JBL and Cena would be a good way of elevating Cena. Those two characters would be on a natural collision course. JBL wouldn't be that bad if he weren't in the main event and thus shoved down our throats to the extent that he is.
    Chavo was doing fantastically as Cruiserweight champ, if you ask me. He'll probably reclaim the belt real soon, and then we can all try to forget what happened in that disaster of an angle. Other than Rey, however, there are no real viable contenders for the belt, so they may resume pushing Spike as a challenger, or even elevate the likes of Paul London (although unlikely).
    So, the biggest problem is thus the next main event heel. This is a tougher one. I think the best option would be Van Dam, if he were used in an angle with Heyman and given some decent time. Another feud between Eddie and Van Dam would be nice; Eddie's expertise could disguise the fact that Van Dam is basically just a spot-wrestler, although those spotsa are great. Plus, I would like to see Van Dam raise the big one for the first time in his career. He could then feud with the Undertaker, maybe. Anyone remember Vengeance 2001, the awesome match between the two?

Just my thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

How bout turning the taker heel?
    now that i think of it it wouldnt work.
    that is a huge huge problem. who is gonna be the next heel for the title after JBL? Booker T?

I absolutely cannot think of anyone else

Advertisement