Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advanced music production course...

• 10-05-2004 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

anyone know if the Sound Training Centre Music Tech & Recording course is any good...

i already know all basic, midi setup, spectral analysis of sound, placement, blah blah blah..,.

i'd be looking for a course which takes it to a higher level, eg advanced drum programming techniques, how to get certain sounds styles etc etc., differnet types of synthesis and how to get certain sounds - medium to advanced level i guess.

anyone know??? i've a feeling looking at the STC syllabus that the first few weeks i'd be twiddling me thumbs :D

cheers
    Dab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

stc course is excellent, but yeh youll be twiddling your thumbs for the guts of a month as i was, tho you could always use that time to focus on the theory behind music, ie the actual reading, writing and playing of tablatute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dabba

thanks helix

the course i'm referring to is the music tech and recording one, not the sound engineering one yeah?? is this the same one youre on about?...
    its on once a week in the evenings fpr 15 weeks... is this the one you did???

what i'm interested in a course which gives me ALOT of tips/tricks on producing music in a home, project or any studio, but not specific training in sound engineering as such, although i know they are closely related in some ways...

do they deal with advanced drum programming, for example. ways to achieve more complex and interesting drum tracks using typical PC software..?? that kinda thing?

D

Advertisement