Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Butter V Spready Stuff

• 10-05-2004 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

What do you eat and prefer Real Butter or the easy spread stuff and why??

Humphrey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

has to be the easy spread stuff - Avonmore Lifestyle -- Real butter can be a bit salty...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

dairygold
    accept no substitutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

real butter on the spuds but avonmore light on the sambos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

real butter on pasta & spready stuff elsewhere...

I'd use real butter all the time but it's always rock hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I don't care, as long as it's yellowy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

"Virtual Butter" all the way, if only to spite the idiots behind those terrible ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Originally posted by Puck
    "Virtual Butter" all the way, if only to spite the idiots behind those terrible ads.

ooooh i HATE that guy! was happy when he was killed off in eastenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I'm a neither person .. the only butter I like is on popcorn , or the Peanut variety :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Whatever's healthiest, when they finally figure out which that is (Butter or Flora, butter or flora? :) ).

Flora Buttery is actually really nice unlike the normal Flora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Real, all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Neither - theyre both yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Real butter for human consumption

The other stuff is good if trying to fit a new piston to a 2-stroke engine, or to stop a door from squeaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

spready stuff. having to leave real butter out of the fridge for several hours before using it is a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

butter for everything except sandwiches then it's dairygold all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

real butter always. we leave it out of the fridge, and store it in a press, so its never hard, and spreads quite easily:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Have to have real butter on toast or any other application where it melts.

Dairygold turns quite nasty when it melts, like molten greasy plastic, why is this? Otherwise it's fine in sandwiches etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,442 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Connacht Gold "Butter", looks and tastes like the real thing, and is spreadable :) (and low fat)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,442 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Interesting article on real spreadable butter, and believe it or not apparently available in Ireland.

Fearon's team reported its findings in a journal on Monday, the first disclosure of the science behind the "Pure Butter" product made by Dromona Quality Foods of Cullybackey, County Antrim. It is already on sale in Northern Ireland, and at Marks and Spencer outlets in Britain.

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994775

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Real butter always tastes best but it's a pain trying to spread it over fresh bread if butter is just out of the fridge!

I wouldn't dream of using anything other than butter on spuddies :) or toast

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liamk

Champion butter is the best real butter!!!! but white bread is just too goddam crap and tears all over the place even tho i leave the butter out all the time.... you can never have too much butter!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Real butter all the way, baby.

If it's cold, and the butter is a bit hard, I just take a bit, put it on a dish and stick it in the microwave for a few seconds till it's a tiny bit softer (and spreadable).

I never use butter on sandwhiches though. Just toast, baked potatoes and the odd slice of brown soda bread. Maybe sandwhiches/rolls if they're bacon or scrambled egg ones. Mmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I don't like mixing butter with stuff like cheese/mayonaisse/coldslaw (is that how you spell it) etc. Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved to food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Real butter is superb. It has taste unlike those shi*ey spreads. God, but I really hate them. They're just an advertising gimmick to make people buy an unneccessary product.

Butter isn't going to harm you, not unless you're eating a pound of the stuff every day. I use it all the time at home for cooking, you can't fry a steak, make good sauces or scrambled eggs unless you use butter. Nothing else is as good.

And if you only use the spreads because they're spreadable, then buy a butter dish and keep the butter out of the fridge. It's salted anyway, so it doesn't need to be refrigerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Originally posted by Giblet
    I don't care, as long as it's yellowy.

same hear...if its yellow and in the fridge, I'm gonna spread it on my toast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

I'm with dudara - butter may be a little high in the fat department, but at least it's not pumped full of chemicals like the spreadible stuff.

Advertisement