Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Broadband and alarm?

• 10-05-2004 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Getting Esat Broadband and have alarm that is monitored....do i really need a engineer to come out and do the install or can i do it myself?

Comments

Ive that phone watch thing here too. I did it myself.

I beleve I was lucky becuase the alarm was connected to an indoor junction box so there was no messy rewiring. Your Milage may vary.

Check these threads out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139729

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92293

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Firstly as far as esat is concerned you DONT have an alarm!! They will not touch you if you do. secondly do NOT get an engineer. I just installed IOL yesterday and we have phonewatch. Just use the filters and your fine.. at worst your BB gets disconnected when the alarm goes off but it just connects again when the line is free.. that might not even happen.

Order it, fit it and only IF you have problems then do you try sort it out and do it through phonewatch. Get them out to wire it so it will work but there should be no need. I dont know od anyone with both who has had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

cheers lads, ordered it without telling them,,,its for the folks anyway...and the auld lad said he didnt care if the alarm was affected as he knows a guy who knows a guy etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

your forgetting that depending on how ur alarm is installed, you may not get a dsl signal.
    just watch out for it

Advertisement