Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reqest for mod-File Exchange

Options
  • 10-05-2004 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

Could you please appoint somebody to moderate the File Exchange forum. I'll do it if nobody else wants to (And only then :cool: ). Whoever (if) you appoint:

First act that I request:
    - Make "What have you to offer this forum" a sticky

- For your (Boards.ie official stance) sake you'd want to monitor posts - violations of the charter are already widespread (discussions of illegal p2p nets,etc)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Rat! :mad:

dont make him a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

:rolleyes:
    Personally, i think discussion of using those networks shouldn't be banned- they do have legit. reasons. I don't particularly want mod - but i do want that forum. It has "potential". If illegal stuff is constantly being posted - the forum goes bye-bye :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Argh, I should start keeping a todo list again.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

ahh I dont really mind either way :)

carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I thought yellum moderated it?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Doodee
    I thought yellum moderated it?

so did i - i pm'd him - and no,he doesn't mod it (or use boards at all) apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I have taken part in the file exchange in the past, but to be honest I'm more concerned with what has happened with yellum. Is this a permenant situation?

Originally posted by Karoma
    so did i - i pm'd him - and no,he doesn't mod it (or use boards at all) apparently

rofl. Did someone else make a stupid joke about rape then?

dunno. i don't think it'd be right to post his pm'd reply-but he said basically what I said above (no longer mod of that or any other forum and "no longer using boards") ... let's just ignore the irony of sending a pm saying that he's no longer using boards... :D (Soz yellum)

rofl. Did someone else make a stupid joke about rape then?

One would imagine its because his life is taking a new direction, then again...

• Advertisement

heh, depends on how well you know him.

btw, i nominate Ronan|Raven.

He has helped me in the past, has a good knowledge of the p2p's etc.

heh, depends on how well you know him.
    I know I liked him, and now theres one less person that makes this place beerable. That said, if he left for what he seemed to have been hinting at, then I'm sure hes made a better decision, and will win out in the end.

btw, i nominate Ronan|Raven.

He has helped me in the past, has a good knowledge of the p2p's etc.

Do you actually know what the forum is used for? Why would p2p knowledge be relavent? That said I nominate Typedef, if he's interested that is. He has a background in all that unix crap which seems from my exprence to be what the forum is mostly used for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Can I have a link to this forum? Never heard of it.:dunno:

edit - found it.:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=429

Wow boston, Yet again you come shining through as the person who knows whats what around these here boards. :rolleyes:

community -> public -> file exchange
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=429

it's used for a few things - at the moment, *nix iso's - most people don't know about it :)

edit: too slow:) my vote goes for pretty much anyone who's posted on "What have you to offer .." as they've clearly shown an intent to be helpful..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Maybe a poll or something in the forum itself, then you're going to get people who check it regularly voting people for mod.

It does deserve to be modded well because the forum is a good idea I think.

yellum was good when he was around, is he ok? Or did I miss something??

More traffic for the forum would be good, I still see people posting requests in some of the games forums and the broadband forum for large downloads.

<edit>
    Originally posted by Boston
    I know I liked him, and now theres one less person that makes this place beerable.
    Is that a slip of the fingers, or meant? beerable :D:D</edit>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

He meant beerable.

You can't have a poll, the warezwhores would just vote in a warezpimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

never even noticed it was modless

better get one quick... people see "file exchange" and think warez :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by WizZard
    yellum was good when he was around, is he ok? Or did I miss something??
    He stayed in my place Friday and he's looking well. His new very tight haircut suits him really :)
    He should be fine over time. I doubt we'll see the old yellum again though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Stop hitting on him ixoy... that's two now in the space of two days.

I dunno though, I met him and he seemed a bit quieter than usual. I guess it takes a while to get over some things, but he's a strong character, he'll be ok I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

handy forum, that.
    ditto to what Karoma said, i vote for anybody that's offered their services on the forum itself

I guess it takes a while to get over some things,

jeeze...
    yellum told me in Irc a while back that he had to postpone his wedding and everything...

Maybe he sorted out the tax-probems so he didn't need to do it right away? I'm not sure how the revenue commissioners work these days :dunno:

Seriously lads I doubt he would appreciate his private business being sprawled all over boards. Enough of this conjecture.

Ironic eh? If he was still a mod he could lock the thread, but he doesn't read boards anymore.

pwned tbh :ninja:

Originally posted by moridin
    Ironic eh? If he was still a mod he could lock the thread, but he doesn't read boards anymore.

I wasn't aware he was ever an Administrator, otherwise how would he lock a thread on a forum he never moderated? And just because he doesn't read boards, doesn't make it ok to talk about his personal business, especially if he trusted you enough to discuss them with you.

ah, my apologies, I thought this was on the File Exchange forum... it's so easy to get mixed up when you're busy :dunno:

His personal business is only personal insofar as it doesn't affect other boards people IMO, and those who could be affected by it deserve to know what he was upto.

Back to work for me... move along now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement