Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell X 1

Options
  • 10-05-2004 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

mUSIC IN MOUTH....

I've heard a couple of deadly songs from it

'tongue' and in 'every sunflower' are excellent

Is the album consistent or patchy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

its all class especially eve,apple of my eye, tongue is an amazing song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah its an excellent Album. I prefer neither am i though:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Originally posted by bbop
    its all class especially eve,apple of my eye, tongue is an amazing song
    tongue
    yeah - I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the radio after they released it!

It's sooooo old! I remember Juniper doin' it the very same!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

excellent album and consistently good throughout, go and buy it you won't regret it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

they are freaking legends, most of the songs of it though are old, eve the apple of my eye is the same song apart from the ending as damien rices never, the album is well good and tongue is a savage song, i have to go with axel on this one though, neither sm i id s better album..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

eve the apple of my eye is being released as a single, 28th may methinks...

both their albums are great... and another very good live act!!!

Originally posted by Kurdt
    eve the apple of my eye is being released as a single, 28th may methinks...

Yep but they re-recorded it for some reason:dunno:

More radio friendly i guess......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

not at all, they recorded it again because the first time it didnt sell particularly well, and their record company were having problems with them. if it this release isnt a success they may be splitting up. 'may' i say as its quite the rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I only bought the album the other day and I was wasn't dissapointed!! Top drawer stuff. I'd been meaning to get it for yonks but never got around to it.
    The song that does it for me is the last track, "I'll See Your Heart and Raise You Mine" such a beautiful song. I was blown away when I saw them perform it on "Songs From A Room" on Network 2 a couple of months back.

I particulary love the way that "Alphabet Soup" follows "Snakes and Snakes" really organic.

It definitely comes highly recommended!

B.

Glad you like it.

Yep "I'll se your heart and ill raise you mine "is genius. Oh and " west of her spine" is quality also.....

• Advertisement

imo Ill see your heart and ill raise you mine is there best written song apart from the songs they had a juniper[where rice wrote 90% of the songs] such a genius but simple song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

fantastic, check out damien rice and juniper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

God that band are legends.Had that album on an almost constant loop for about a week.Still listen to it on a regular basis!Check our Juniper as its basically the same band minus rice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

cannot be the same minus rice - he is god :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 peteretep

Originally posted by ShriekingSheet
    tongue
    yeah - I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the radio after they released it!

It's sooooo old! I remember Juniper doin' it the very same!

yeah great song. damien rice played it in the black box in galway in febuary. great stuff.

any idea where i can get some juniper stuff, or the first bellx1 album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Hmv should have the first bellx1 album.
    Juniper would be hard enough to get hold of.

Music in mouth is probably the most complete irish album of the last couple of years. Get it, deffo. Its solid the whole way through.
    Just read throuhg this thread and see how many different song titles have benn picked out for special mention.

Originally posted by loismustdie
    cannot be the same minus rice - he is god :)

Id say their better off without him-they can be something more than just "ricers band" they can have some of their own ideas and talent floating about.Rice is good but hes not that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

its a real pity that most post about the (imo) incredible bellx1 get turned into rants about the (imo) average damo rice

both their albums are class, been way too long since i;ve seen them live, keep missing them :(

Anyone heard the rerecording of "eve...." it takes an awful lot from the song I think.Not as good as the original at all.

orangerooster tbh, all the songs they play 70% of them were written by rice, eve the apple of my eye was written by rice apart from the end of it where rice sings elvis , the song is called never, feckin great song, rice was the person who pieced together them great songs you now here on music in mouth.. hes a bit more than average. lyrical genious i think, very big headed though

• Advertisement

Lyrical genius is very strong-I knew he did most of the songs of "music in mouth" and thats why Bell x1s next album should be the proof of their songwriting skills.But to call Damien Rice a lyrical genius is insane-there are far better lyricists knocking round.Gary Lightbody for example-for some of his Snow Patrol stuff but more for the Reindeer Sections latest.

Advertisement