Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weapons of mass destruction-check this out!

Options
  • 10-05-2004 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Got this in a email, its hilarious check it out...

Try this very soon, before someone forces Google to fix its site:

1) Go to www.Google.com <http://www.Google.com>

2) Type in weapons of mass destruction (DON'T hit return)

3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, NOT the "Google search"

4) Read the "error message" carefully. The WHOLE page. Someone at
    Google

really has a sense of humour. And will probably be fired soon!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

tisk tisk...i dont think this is really relevant to politics now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Look up "french military victories" for more laugh's :)

it comes up as
    Did you mean: french military defeats

No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - french military victories - did not match any documents.

Here's why :)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Very funny.

Try miserable failure and then the I m feeling lucky button ...

As far as the French site is concerned, yeah english speaking people (mostly conservatives anti French losers) are promoting those jokes around the world via the Internet. The french sissy surrenders / surrender monkeys / smelly cheese eating thingie .

As long as people realize it s a joke and not an actual fact of history, it doesn't matter :)

But I was watching msnbc a year ago after France was thinking of opposing their veto, and journalist were actually relating false information about France's history ...

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by namaimo
    Someone at Google really has a sense of humour. And will probably be fired soon!!!!

It's got nothing to do with Google. The page that is displayed just happens to be the one at the top of the Google list when entering weapons of mass destruction in the search field which is the site that gets thrown up when you click the I'm Feeling Lucky button.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Google have nothing to do with the returned results, it's groups of people manipulating the search engine technology. It's called google-bombing, do a google on it :)

Odds are this is far more suitable to after hours rather than politics aswell, it's been around for years now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement