Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST] Triton T90si 9.5kw Power Electric Shower

• 11-05-2004 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I am trying to sorce one of these cheaper than €269.99 if possible.

Any help appreciated

tks

Neonitrix

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Good luck. That is a good price.
    nearest ESB shop should match whatever price you get and you can bung it on your bill to pay over a year.

That's what I did anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

neonitrix,
    Can I ask what shop your getting that quote from? Also Mailman, how do I get them to match [the price]?? Do I just walk in and say it to them??

Thanks
    ambrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

They should have a price match promise on their wall somewhere.
    When I was buying mine in Blanchardstown I pointed out that Atlantic Homecare next door were selling the product for less. They phoned up to confirm this - would have been easier for them to walk next door but they used the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

sorry about delay in responding - I got the quote from Telfords in Portlaoise. After much arm twisting of the sales guy.

Will prob buy it tomorrow morning in esb if I can get a price match - hopefully

Neonitrix :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

Mum bought one in AH with her discount :)

Tell me, how much should installation cost (labour+materials)? It's still in the box while we have a piss poor excuse for a shower :(

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

She bought in Atlantic Homecare - did she get the 8.5kw or the 9.5kw version? - I cant seem to find any AH stocking the 9.5 version

Neonitrix

It's 8.5kw

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

If you don't want instalation just go to an electrical wholesalers I have put a few of them in and I usually get them in Eurosales on three rock road in Sandyford Industrial Estate you don't need a trade card or anything like that, but for anything electrical like that it will be way cheaper than the retail stores.

Edit: I just noticed you already got one. Materials wise your going to need enough 6 square twin and earth cable to run from your fuse box to your shower location you will also need a pull cord shower switch to be located out of reach of someone in the shower and a 30 - 40amp RCD to go into the fuse box. Then you need your plumbing half inch qualpex is the handiest for this. Make sure you have the right shower for your water source there is a version for mains water and another to be supplied from your static water tank in the attic using the wrong version is not recomended at all.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

my mate bought one of those in Telfords because that was the cheapest he could find and he lives in dublin

Originally posted by Redshift
    If you don't want instalation just go to an electrical wholesalers I have put a few of them in and I usually get them in Eurosales on three rock road in Sandyford Industrial Estate you don't need a trade card or anything like that, but for anything electrical like that it will be way cheaper than the retail stores.

Edit: I just noticed you already got one. Materials wise your going to need enough 6 square twin and earth cable to run from your fuse box to your shower location you will also need a pull cord shower switch to be located out of reach of someone in the shower and a 30 - 40amp RCD to go into the fuse box. Then you need your plumbing half inch qualpex is the handiest for this. Make sure you have the right shower for your water source there is a version for mains water and another to be supplied from your static water tank in the attic using the wrong version is not recomended at all.

Good Luck

I actually havent bought it yet. I will ring euro sales out of interest to see what their price is in the morning.

Also REdshift - r u an electrician ? - u seem to know quite abit about them?

tks

Neonitrix

• Advertisement

OK, we got the power shower installed. However whereas the pressure on the cold setting is great, the higher the temp setting the lower the pressure, to such a point that at max temp the water trickles out of the thing worse than the previous gravity-fed shower.

Any ideas why this might be?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Oneweb

The term "power shower" means something different from Electric shower. I am assuming you have an electric shower that is being feed from a tank in the attic. If so - the feed of water is passed through the element according to the temp required. So if you want a cool shower the pressure is stronger than if you have a hot shower as the feed is slowed so as to be heated by the element. If you place the temp up very high this requires the feed to be slowed right down so the element can heat it. There is not a lot you can do, however be sure that the head of the shower is not place too high because this also reduces the pressure. You should see instructions to this effect in the manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Originally posted by oneweb
    OK, we got the power shower installed. However whereas the pressure on the cold setting is great, the higher the temp setting the lower the pressure, to such a point that at max temp the water trickles out of the thing worse than the previous gravity-fed shower.

Any ideas why this might be?

Get in touch with your installer, the t90si (and t80si same shower different case style) both come in a pumped and none pumped model, if you have poor pressure (or fed from a very nearby tank) you need the pumped model, but your installer should have worked that out from the tank distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Sorry lads but correct me if I'm wrong, but the T 90 and the T80 series are both electric power showers but they are different, the T90 series requires a head of water from a tank like a toilet for example this is to give it a) a decent amount of water b) consistantish head of water. The T80 series is a power shower that it ment to be able to run off a good main supply water, like the kitchen tap, you shoould avoid this option unless you replacing an old electric unpumped shower in some place that you cant get a tank into and that has good consistant mains pressure.
    The t90 series with a tank at a min of 1M above the shower is the best option, the higher the tank above the shower the better,
    however the Mira Elite 2 is a slightly better more expensive but far better unit, their service is execellent (thats why landlords use them in their flats , cos they dont give trouble) I've installed all of the above, you really need a 10sq.mm T&E cable to feed them though, but if its a short run then you'd get away with a 6sq but the box and RECI say 10sq.
    Finally the hotter a power shower the less head of water you get, this is simply because the shower takes in cold water and the hotter you want it the more work it has to do and the longer it takes to do it, so it'll pass loads of cold water straight through and the pump has all the power to itself. The hot water has to be heated this takes time,
    so in short if any of you guys are getting a power shower then i advise the mira elite 2 fed from a water tank as high above the unit as possible. Kellihers / CT electrical also do good prices and have more stores then Euro Sales (who also have a branch in Glasnein Ind Estate,) Kellihers are nationwide and even have a branch in Sligo, not that them Sligo boys buy too many showers!!! LOL

Regards

Stoner

Originally posted by Stoner
    you really need a 10sq.mm T&E cable to feed them though, but if its a short run then you'd get away with a 6sq but the box and RECI say 10sq.
    Thanks for that, indeed they used 6mm² cable for a run that isn't exactly short. Will look into having that replaced, hopefully there'll be some improvement :)

It is what it's.

Advertisement