Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merrion Monday night (for a change!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Merrion was closed for a few days about two weeks before the WCham
    Don't remember that - I'm there most Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. So it must have been one of the other days - they are not open on Thurs AFAIK
    If the fitz is making a profit and the merrion is not, that is a pretty plain fact that one is better then the other

Would you use the same criteria to compare Ryanair and Aerlingus?

If that is your criteria, fair enough but it is not mine.

BTW, I don't agree that business in the card room is slipping, I have never seen it as popular as it is at the moment - you may be right about the games room. I think this is more a problem with the capacity in the club and location of the games room upstairs but I have heard that they were looking at getting the premises next door.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by El Rifle

I wasnt discussing the tournaments, just the standards of one club to another in general.

What part of 'off-topic' do you not understand. If you want something to compare - you can comapre the difference between having access to the poker forum and not. Please post to the correct thread

hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    What part of 'off-topic' do you not understand. If you want something to compare - you can comapre the difference between having access to the poker forum and not. Please post to the correct thread

hyzepher
    You're so sexy when you act all tough :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just some odds some people should know but don't

AK Suited vs. 7-2o
    70% vs. 30%

AK suited vs. Q-4s
    65% vs. 35%

AK Suited vs. Anyone suited connecters
    62% vs. 38%

A-10s vs. J-2o
    67% vs. 33%

Perfect poker really only happens over a long period of time.

AK is still a drawing hand!!!
    Against most hands its still 60% vs. 40%
    If you play to infinity its gona win, but thats not the case.

You said you raised pre flop with AK etc and hit nothing, listen to Doyle Brunsen, if you raise before the flop, you should raise and reraise after the flop no matter what :P

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Merrion was closed for a few days about two weeks before the WCham

I dont remember that and I work there. Was it the card room or the whole place, my memory is a bit shoddy but i know the whole place didn't close

• Advertisement
Advertisement