Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Buying Survey

Options
  • 11-05-2004 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All

I would really appreciate if you wouldn't mind taking 5 to 7 mins to fill out my online survey at the following link:
    http://www.ittralee.ie/survey/research/bookbuyingsurvey.htm
    It would really help with my research for my masters! The topic is 'The Impact of the Internet on Bookshops in Ireland'.

Thanks again!!!

MUCH Appreciated

Maria

P.S. You can forward the link onto any of your friends, and for those of you interested in the findings, i can let you know when i'm finished. Just drop me an email!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi there,

The images on that page seem to be broken - my bad - it's probably my Mozilla settings disallowing roll overs :) Completed.

Yeah, I'd be interested in your results - maybe you could post a summary on this thread when you're done.

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Just completed it for you...

Best of luck with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Yeah, I'd be interested in your results - maybe you could post a summary on this thread when you're done.

Yeah me too.
    there werent any questions about delivery time of books ordered online, its a major factor for me when buying online, I'm often too impatient to wait for a book that could be up to €10 cheaper online

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Done.

Found a few of the questions were not really a case of agree/disagree but more of a depends on a case by case basis...

Best of luck with it though. Would definitely be interested in your results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 itgirl

Thanks to you all, it will defintely be interesting to see the results. I will keep you updated!

Thanks again

Maria

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just filled it in there. Made me think about how my own book buying habits have altered. I'm wondering if maybe some reference should be made to second hand book shops though, which I have frequented in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That site looks all ****ed up in Mozilla Firefox, text overlapping itself and everything. Because I'm a nice guy I'll try going to a comptuer with Internet Explorer and doing it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Some of the questions were rather ambiguous. I included comments at the end with regard to this. I'll also post them here.
    - "If you use the internet your privacy is threatened" A secure site or an non-secure one?

- I purchase equal amounts from work and at home, but had to select one or the other.

- "Excellent customer care will deter people from buying online?" What? That makes no sense. Doesn't everyone want excellent customer care? Some sites have excellent customer care others don't. The question is ambiguous. Did you mean "Lack of"?

- "I'd only buy a book online, if I couldn't find it in a local store" - is this taking delivery time into account? Or not?

- "Buying over the Internet is no riskier than buying in a store?" Again is this a secure site or a non-secure one?

Advertisement