Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

expecting a new kid

Options
  • 11-05-2004 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

hey lads, just to let ya know m kid is due in the next few days. well meant to be today, but thats not gonna happen! any advise for a first time dad? were allready but its costing a fortune! still not sure about the paternity test. i know its mine. just her stupid family put doubts in my head!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

make sure you're not in the pub when you get 'that' call.
    I was because she'd called me earlier to say that she didn't think anything was going to happen today.
    Got a bit of a rush on when the call came in that evening.

Although I did finish my pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

Originally posted by Sleipnir

are u serious????

ROFL

Well, I didn't go back to the bar and order another but yes, I did finish it.
    It takes hours & hours between when begins and when things start to get exciting so there's plenty of time for those last few sups.
    I never told my girlfriend that though, she kill me.

Congratulations by the way.

lol cheers dude. did ye have a boy or a girl? were expecting a boy. gonna name him alex michael. cant wait for it. im at work here practically staring at my phone waiting for that call!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    were expecting a boy. gonna name him alex michael.
    :confused:
    poor kid

• Advertisement

well don't over-excite yourself, it might be a week, or two, OR THREE!
    We had a boy, John, who's as mad a brush.
    We didn't know the sex beforehand but seeing as my parents had 5 boys and my dad's parent's had 3, I was fairly sure of the outcome!

Originally posted by tman
    :confused:
    poor kid

hey whats that about? :-(

they're both solid names on their own... but the two together???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    Good on ya boy. I missed both my kids, but I'd have finished me pint too. ;)

Mike, if there's any doubt /at all/, and the test won't totally break the bank, do it. Believe me, you'll have doubts in your head even /after/ the test, but it's hard to argue with science. It's not worth the worry, the test lets you concentrate on important stuff like how to convince their mother not to let them play GTA3, and how many pints you can knock back before you have to go and "help" her give birth to the next one. :)

adam

ah his name is alex. but its alex michael jenkins.... alex just his name not alex michael... i just love putting in the michael part as its after me! :-)

i dont have worries that its not mine, i know it is. just others have put the doubts there. it wont break the bank... im more than happy to ignore it, she's the one who really wants it done as she feels i worry about it too much etc.

only side effect it can have is it causes me and her to argue! she's gone into hospital now... she had pains etc so the doctors sent her up. im at work here... cant get off or anything. she even told me not to come up ! its not happening today aparently! hope its not a section! cant stand seeing her like that! would kill me! anyways better get on the phone again!!

wish me luck lads! im gonna be a daddy next time i post!
    WOOHOO!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    ah his name is alex. but its alex michael jenkins.... alex just his name not alex michael... i just love putting in the michael part as its after me! :-)
    ohhhhhh, fair enough.
    solid name there... you can even call him 'AJ':)
    best of luck with it all

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think Alexander would be better than Alex .... anyway, good luck.

Bring a book.... Order the flowers .... Decide how to break the news to 'granny'....

Oh, yes, consider buying something memorable - somehting you will be able to drag out on their wedding day - I bought two of my nieces silver coins with their year of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Victor
    I bought two of my nieces silver coins with their year of birth.

You mean you gave em 50p each ;)

Congrats Mike. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Originally posted by Victor
    I think Alexander would be better than Alex .... anyway, good luck.
    I think Alex is a fantastic name, don't use Alexander! I am a little biased though because Alexander is my first name but I always go by Alex. There seem to be very few Alex's in this world so I am glad to see another one join the ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by daveg
    You mean you gave em 50p each ;)
    Silver 1990 5ECU and silver 2001 £1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Good luck with the delivery Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe, I hope all goes well.

I'd recommend sleep NOW & bottle it if possible!!

Get the daily paper so he/she can view what happened on the birthday.

Make sure Herself is in the hospital in plenty of time, birth is a funny thing, my wife had two emergency sections & luckily all turned out ok.

hey lads, on the 14/5/2004 at 15:33 my little baby alex was born. he was 7lbs 15oz, moussey brown hair. everyone says he's the image of me! he's the most adorable thing ive ever seen. birth took 12 hours, and she was pushing for 4 hours. epedural helped a lot but as it does it wore off near the end.. we were in hospital 2 days before hand and she was induced 2 times.

the baby has to stay on anti biotics for 5 days as vanessa ( the mother ) had a sickness that 20% of pregnant girls get called B hemoglabric (or what ever) strep. in order to prevent the baby from getting it, he must stay in the SCBU special care unit for 6 days... so we cant bring him home or have him in the room with his mammy just yet. everything else went perfect!

he will be coming home next friday with the best of luck!

i went and bought 2 teddy's for him... both about 4 foot tall and they were winnie pooh + lionheart the carebear! yeah they cost a bundle but its just money. cant put a price on happiness.

its been a long 2 days so far, and none of us have slept in a while so im gonna head to bed now!

well just though id let ye know! thanks for the support and advise!

p.s labour is the most amazing thing in the world. ill never put a woman down again. i respect everything about labour and i truly reckon men got it easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Congrats. get as much sleep as you can. You need to be a rock for the next while as she will be exhausted all the time, especially if she is feeding the baby herself. Be prepared for the baby blues, but not for a while yet. Learn to bite your lip, it will pass. Get into a routine. I used to do the 1am feed and my wife used to do the 6am feed, no need for both of you to be awake. Enjoy every minute of it they are only babies for a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Congrats Mike :)
    p.s labour is the most amazing thing in the world. ill never put a woman down again. i respect everything about labour and i truly reckon men got it easy...

Most amazing experience ever. I remember crying when the nurse handed me my son. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Congrats mike!!

While i know its horrible having alex in the hospital still, it will actually give you both a little time to rest, before bringing him home, and this is something his mother can really use...

Fox_in_Socks

• Advertisement
Advertisement