Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win Explorer - Cannot view folders

Options
  • 11-05-2004 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a user who we upgraded to IE6 SP1, and now windows explorer won't display the folders in the explorer bar. When you select it, the entire pane comes up grey. We can open the search, history, and favourites panes. If any of these panes are open, and we select the Folder view pane, the existing pane just expands slightly but doesn't change.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

When all else fails - blame it on a virus and offer to reinstall his OS. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Quite a few hits on Google Groups seamus, repairing IE would seem to be a good first step. Failing that, try the regedit in the first result.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cheers Adam,
    I'm sure there's something useful there...

I'd reinstall her OS, but that's more of a headache for me than it is for her.

Advertisement