Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBU Discovery Series concert at the NCH

Options
  • 11-05-2004 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

http://www.nch.ie/whatson/concert_details.asp?EventId=2188&DateId=12764

Admission to this RTE Concert Orchestra concert on Monday evening next (17/05) in the National Concert Hall is Free.

(The EBU is the European Broadcasting Union, an alliance of classical music radio stations across Europe.)

Mon 17th May, 7:00pm
    EBU Discoveries Series

Laurent Wagner, Conductor
    Robin Tritschler, Tenor
    National Chamber Orchestra
    Celso Antunes, Artistic Director

RTÉ lyric fm presents an invitation Concert, as part of the EBU Discoveries Series.

Join us for this concert which is being broadcast live to millions of listeners in eighteen European countries. A celebration of little-known music from Ireland, including the eighteenth-century Caractacus, attributed to the Earl of Mornington (1735-81), Brian Boydell's Meditation and Fugue and John Kinsella's Sinfonietta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

would definately advise going to this one.

it's my mate jenny o'connor that did the editing of the music for performance, for the Caractacus piece.

definately worth it, especially seeing as it's free in:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Are you going to it Catho? Are we going to have G&Ts beforehand in the Conrad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

any other concert and i would.

this one, i should be around jenny for.

this is her debut on the professional circuit, which i think is reason enough to make a big fuss.

appreciate the invitation tho. can i take a rain check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

That's entirely reasonable. I'm going along anyway, so it'll be interesting to compare our respective takes on the concert afterwards. Enjoy it anyway.

Advertisement