Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip down memory lane

Options
  • 11-05-2004 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭

Beat this, the complete Super Mario Brothers 3 game won in 11:02 mins. I'm impressed. here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

It's not real although still is very impressive. The guy used a NES emulator and recorded it frame by frame. Any time he made a mistake he'd stop the emulator, go back a few frames and start it off again. Having said that, it must have taken him months, as your talking a few 100,000 frames I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by TinCool
    It's not real although still is very impressive. The guy used a NES emulator and recorded it frame by frame. Any time he made a mistake he'd stop the emulator, go back a few frames and start it off again. Having said that, it must have taken him months, as your talking a few 100,000 frames I'd imagine.
    roughly 20,000 frames at 30fps... still quite an achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

not to mention that there is a glaring error in the video, he collects 2 gold whistles and uses them straight away to get to world 8, however you need all 3 gold whistles to do this and the third whistle is in world 2 behind the cactus, and he never goes to world 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

^
    In a Homer Simpson voice

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!!!!!

God i need the name of that eposide i want to download it, its the one were Bart joins the boy scouts i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Originally posted by RasTa
    ^
    In a Homer Simpson voice

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!!!!!

God i need the name of that eposide i want to download it, its the one were Bart joins the boy scouts i think

He shouts it in "Homer goes to college".

That mario thing is pretty impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wrong, if you use the second whistle in the pipe warp area, you skip to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

If I can recall correctly I got a whistle in the 4th mission in world 1 (when the screen moves along slowly itself) when I collected all the coins in the level! Almost makes me want to dust off the old NES and give it a go!

BTW how did he manage to skip all those funny looking multicoloured levels in world 8, the ones that the hand comes over Mario usually and takes him into the level?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Does anyone know exactly the flying coin ship came into being in world one?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lan

If ya collect all the coins in level 4 on world one you get a P-Wing, not a whistle.

You get the floating ship by ending a level with your coins being a multiple of 11 and your score having the same multiple of 10 at the end. e.g. 11 coins and 510 points or 55 coins and 68250 score. If you do it right the hammer brothers turn into the ship.

Mario3 = Best Game Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

just watched that now and have to say thats fairly bloody impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by Depeche_Mode
    BTW how did he manage to skip all those funny looking multicoloured levels in world 8, the ones that the hand comes over Mario usually and takes him into the level?

Luck...that can happen if you move fast enough over those levels its pure chance though from what i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

How could u plan that to happen, coz u know the way your time left multiply's your score?

Advertisement