Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best HiFi System to get for €500

Options
  • 11-05-2004 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

Ok, a friend of mine wants to get a HiFi for her husband for his 30th in 2 weeks. She said she'd spend about €500 on the system. I have no idea when it comes to HiFi's. Can you lot recommend any decent systems you can get in that price range? I know it's not a great budget to work with. He is really into his music and he has an entry level Sony at present which will be relegated to bedroom upon arrival of new system. Any help would be great. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

you can pick up some slick home cinema dvd amp speaker kits for around that sort of money sony panasonic pioneer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Get a receiver Amp and a set of speakers beats the pants of any home cinema built in crappy yokey.

www.richersounds.ie are cheap enough should get a decent sony amp and set of speakrs too.

By linking in a DVD player you can watch movies in perfect surround (5.1,DTS) and play cd tru teh Amp with some serious sound.
    Receivers have AM/FM also so its a home entertainment hifi thingy.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Cheap home cinema != HiFi, and especially not for 500 euro.
    However you could easily get a semi-decent seperates system (cd player, amplifier and speakers) for that sort of money from somewhere like richersounds or on the web.. or alternatively a more high-end cd player and headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Could you start throwing out some brand names/systems. I've heard the Denon M31 is good and I'm also looking at a Panansonic Home Cinema Kit but I don't think it has a radio tuner and as this guy likes his music, I'm not too sure the Panansonic will do the job. Any reviews or good sites I could find more on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

This amp
    vsxd512.jpg
    €199

And

€179
    These speakers

sv40.jpg

Not a bad system of course the more money you have better you get but for starts thats a decetn sound system thats cheap and designed for home cinema and stereo music.

/forgot crappy built in jobbies dont have tuners ,these things do.
    Trust me get one of these and you will move in with your mate :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Haven't got one yet, but I've been looking at the Denon DM-31. It got HiFi of the year in What HiFi magazine & I haven't heard a singl ebad thing about it. It's about €400 with Mission speakers I think. Not suitable for plugging into your home cinema, but for a CD + radio (+ optional MD) it's the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Best sub €500 Stereo

I have the stereo in my kitchen and its savage.

also as you said it can be upgraded with mini disc etc.

There is no better with out going higher in seperates.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I told my friend to go for the Denon DM31 with SCM51 speakers. She purchased the whole package from http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/. Price including delivery was €399. Not too shabby. Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Good stuff. Not a bad price either, I might even be tempted myself.

Advertisement