Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

choices

Options
  • 11-05-2004 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

gonna buy a new game...

choices are between -

star wars galaxies : does anyone play this here? is it anything like KOTOR at all, is it true you have to pay subscription and how much is it? whats online playing like etc..

painkiller : fast paced horror action, sounds ok

farcry : alot of people are talking about this, i played the demo and graphically it looked amazing, but i just didnt feel the gameplay matched up right for me.. is the released game feel better than the demo?

what would you recommend?

im intrested in hearing about star wars galaxies, i was never a massive fan of rpg's but after playing KOTOR i king of got into them a bit and have been playing freelancer online a fair bit recently

on www.play.com at the moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Far Cry tbh
    the demo seemed like a pile of ****e to me (not enough ammo + way too hard for my tastes)
    the full game is a different kettle of lobsters alltogether. the training level eases you into the action and introduces the indespensable binocs (it's hard to get to grips with just how handy they are when playing the demo)

you might be better off waiting until the 1.2 patch is released until you buy, there are some sections that are nigh on impassable without a quicksave feature (maybe i'm just crap at games though... i've been stuck at the end of the 'ship' level for the best part of a week now:( )

painkliller seemed like a good laugh judging by the demo, serious sam style mayhem:)
    that'd be my second choice out of the 3 (star wars = nerdy. mmorpg star wars = uber nerdy)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

far cry doesn't have lan co-op by any chance does it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

painkiller reminded me a lot of Serious Sam. just point and shoot. great fun but limited replay value. once you play it to the end you'll probably not go back. the coop option sounds good though I haven't tried it out.

i'd go for farcry.

Originally posted by Stephen
    far cry doesn't have lan co-op by any chance does it ?
    frayed knot
    excuse my surf dude speak. but that'd be frikkin awesome, dude!
    hopefully they'll add it in a future patch release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL Tman thats easy ,take out chopper before you even go near anyone else and you only have to take you the gunner.

Get Farcry ,painkiller is crap dunno about star wars but Facrcry is a superb game if your PC can run it well.

Hmm it wouldn be that hard to make a Coop version .......

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd definetly say Far Cry.

Painkiller was just plain ****e, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

ordered star wars and getting far cry when i get my pre ordered x800 pro through as a lil treat for myself :)

my 9800 pro ran it okish with medium details, least the demo anyway with it being 40-50+ fps pretty much all the time, but imagine it should be so much better once i have full details and spinky new card :D

im not in the mood for serious sam again... co op was fun that was about it, was expecting something better with painkiller but i guess not

thanks ppl :)

Originally posted by Big Chief
    my 9800 pro ran it okish with medium details, least the demo anyway with it being 40-50+ fps pretty much all the time, but imagine it should be so much better once i have full details and spinky new card :D
    you should be able to run the full game at full details on your current card. running it on a 9600 at medium details & full water details, it's normally 40-50 fps
    Originally posted by KdjaC
    LOL Tman thats easy ,take out chopper before you even go near anyone else and you only have to take you the gunner.
    you must be thinking of a different level
    this is the one where you plant explosives at one end of a boat, then leg it to the other end of the boat before they blow. there's only 1 chopper & that fuckercunt takes about 8 rockets to kill (i've only managed to get him smoking so far:( )

Advertisement