Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prague accomodation

• 11-05-2004 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭

Saw some great deals for flights to prague recently. Anyone know what the story is with hotels or b&bs out there. any places worth visiting. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

Was just out there in march such a beautiful city. We booked accom on line at www.pragueholiday.cz and stayed in the PENSION CORTO NERUDOVA which is about a 5min walk to charles brigde. And only cost about 50euro a night, divided by two so it wasnt bad at all.
    Sights wise you have to visit prague castle, charles bridge,jewish quater, Wenceslas Square etc. youll find all relevant info if u pick up a lonely planet guide book. Oh and dont miss the 5 floor club just by charles bridge which keeps serving their speciality absenth and red bull till 5am! i think there was a thread about this a while back if you search for it.
    Final word of warning beware of taxis from the airport into the city centre they know your a tourist and so rip you off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Beruthiel is the one to talk to on this subject, she seems to know the place fairly
    well, especially that club youre on about namaimo.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I stayed here before - Pension B-35, lovely apartment (apartment 3) - lovely people - nice location 5-10 min walk from the centre.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by davidwwalsh
    I stayed here before - Pension B-35, lovely apartment (apartment 3) - lovely people - nice location 5-10 min walk from the centre.

Jeez they are nice and for next to nothing..

How did u find that place???

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by namaimo
    Final word of warning beware of taxis from the airport into the city centre they know your a tourist and so rip you off.
    I've heard this before - so any advice on the best way to get from the airport? is there buses or trams etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Waxing the Gaza

You can get a bus halfway and then transfer to the underground(you will know the stop cause everyone gets out).Its the same ticket for both bus and underground,make sure you stamp your ticket on the bus when you get on otherwise its not valid and you can be fined if an inspector catches you.Get off at the Museum stop and you are right in the Wenceslas square .
    Ps. make sure you try the hot dogs from the stalls in Wenceslas square you wont regret it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Beruthiel is the one to talk to on this subject, she seems to know the place fairly
    well

lol
    wellish...
    I spent a week there last year :D
    yes, taxis will rip you off, however, I booked my hotel through this guy and he also organised to have a taxi pick me up and drop me back afterwards for no extra charge. Very helpful chap
    taxi each way was 20 euro

Tomas Mrnavy (TravelCook.com) [tomas@travelcook.com]

especially that club youre on about namaimo

indeed
    do not go to Prague and miss that club :D go early and it will cost you a couple of euro to get it - place gets full very early! each floor having different music
    fantastic night and a very friendly crowd ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Jeez they are nice and for next to nothing..

How did u find that place???

Tox

Dunno - just stumbled across it on the web.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

I've heard this before - so any advice on the best way to get from the airport? is there buses or trams etc?

Yup the best way to do it is once you get into the arrivals hall,go through the exit doors (avoiding all evil taxis on the way) and go right, down to the bus depot. Take the no. 119 which will bring you to the nearest tram station (Dejvice) which will bring you into the city centre and get off at like malostanska or staromestska (City centre stops) all for 12kc which is approx 37 cent!

Unlike me who took a taxi in for 25euro! see what i mean!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Not all the taxi's will rip you off. When we landed we seen two lines of taxis, a line of brand new VW boros and some bet up looking cars, we opted for the boro's and they ripped us off. The place we were staying told us only to get the older taxis as they all belonged to one company that has a good rep and are safe. If I think of the name of the company i'll post it. We got a taxi back to the air port with that company and they even carried our luggage to the check in counter for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭rs

You don't really need taxi's.

Went to prague as part of an interailing trip last year.

Public transportation is very easy to use.

There is a public transportation office in the airport that will sell you tickets and give you instructions as to how to get where you are going.

We just showed the guy the address of our hotel and he wrote out the instructions on the free map he gave us. he also sold us the stunningly cheap tickets. he spoke very good english (practically flawless) which helped a lot :)

Was much easier than we expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

We stayed in the Pyramida hotel which was close to the castle for 3 nights last July. Booked it through czechbyclick.com who seem to offer decent prices on hotels in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I just stay with my girlfriend, its free :D As for transport.. no need to use a Taxi as its cheaper and probably faster not to mention safer to travel by tram/metro/bus! Get a week pass for 250kc (about €6) for a WEEK i say again!!
    I have been a few times, in fact im going for another weekend for the June bank holiday. Was almost going to move there but girlfriend got a job here which was better. She is not czech she is American and hates her country :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Saruman
    She is not czech she is American and hates her country :D
    Good for her:confused:

Advertisement