Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having trouble fixing a broken inbox.dbx file.

Options
  • 11-05-2004 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

i'm trying to recover some emails from an inbox.dbx file, but I'm having trouble getting access to the emails.

i've tried the following tools, but none of them can read the file. Mail Navigator 1.9, Advanced Outlook Express Recovery, Advanced Outlook Express Verifier and Advanced Outlook Express Repair.

basically my friend opened his email this morning and all his email was gone (about 20 messages). I manually looked at the file with notepad and the headers and mail are still there, in semi-readable format but I can't get any recovery tools to access it to extract the mails (some of which have important [mostly word] attachments).

has anyone had any luck with recovering mail from OE this way? if so what did you use?

I was originally going to use the Inbox Repair tool, but apparently it only restores PST's, not DBX's according to all the info i can find.

thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

You could try putting the headers and file info into a new dbx file, or into a mail client that uses standard text mbox format, like mutt, and see if it reads it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nope, didn't work.

thanks for trying though.

Advertisement