Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharewatch experience?

Options
  • 11-05-2004 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Anyone use Sharewatch? Any good - reputable? Do they make it difficult at all to withdraw your money once shares have been sold?
    They seem to have the best rates by far of the Irish brokers. Is it worth looking at some international brokers instead, like Etrade?
    Thanks for anyones help - I am really looking for people's personal experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 conorb56

Don't know but would love to know what people think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well, even though no-one seems to have used them, I am opening an account next week. I'll let you know if they make off with my cash! They should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 toneen

ionapaul wrote:
    Well, even though no-one seems to have used them, I am opening an account next week. I'll let you know if they make off with my cash! They should be ok.
    just wondering did you open your sharewatch account and how do you rate them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Been with them for over a year. Found them fine. Only prob is that sometimes you have to phone them to trade as there are restrictions on online trading with regard to some stocks. But they always respond to my email when I have queries and they have been fine on the phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

toneen wrote:
    just wondering did you open your sharewatch account and how do you rate them
    I did open my account - and closed it 2 months later! I thought the customer facing aspects of Sharewatch were dreadful, particularly their online account portal (did not show correct account totals, very poor considering that people are investing €00000s and need / want to see exactly where their money is and how it is performing). I've been with Davy online since - more expensive but peace of mind is priceless in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

I've traded with sharewatch for some time now. I've had no problems with regard to account update, withdrawing funds, buying/selling etc...

One problem I have encountered is that my account is in euros and when i want to buy/sell shares on the UK market, the purchase is done in sterling, the account is settled 3 or 10 days later and at that stage the currency rate will have changed. Mightn't sound like much but on a number of trades it builds up. In fairness I complained and they were swift to resond and negotiate a fair settlement etc...

Advertisement